GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't happy to read that Chaparral Motorsports is a sponsor for the GL1800 forum. I have no control over that, just that I'm a very dissatisfied shopper.

A couple of years ago, I ordered a front tire for one of my bikes. The tire that I had worn out was 3 years old and it was also purchased from Chaparral Motorsport. Up until then, I was purchasing all of my tires for my other bikes from them.

When I received the new (I thought) tire, the date was 4 years old and very dusty. Uh!

Upon me contacting them by phone, I complained about the lack of their inventory skills. How could I replace a worn-out 3 years old tire with an unused 4 years old one? Long story short, I returned the 4 years old tire, got a credit on my credit card and never purchased another single item from them. As far as I'm concerned.....they don't exist!

A word to the wise.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No doubt that was a bit of a bummer, but it sounds like they resolved it in good faith.

I've got tires that are 10 years old on vehicles, and think people make too much out of date codes.

Hate to see a sponsor get slammed over something like this, that again, they resolved. Never know, that tire could've come in dusty from whatever warehouse they ordered it from, and they had no idea that the date code was an ancient 4 years ago.

·
Registered
468 Posts
they refunded your money....

I live about a hour from Chaparral and have been shopping there for 30+ years. I have watched them grow from a 2000 square foot shop to at least 100,000 square foot shop (it is a whole block long). Their staff has always been very helpful. I buy my tires from them (except darkside rear) and have them install them. Their selection of everything motorcye is awesome. I love going to their shop. Their prices are very competitive. I have returned items with no problems.

Sorry to hear about your problem/dissapointment with them. But they did make it right.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Sad to hear of your experience, but they did make it right…where you shop is certainly your option, but stuff happens…Does Chaparral warehouse there own tire inventory or are they shipped direct from manufacturers per order….reason for asking is that having just ordered a jacket from Revzilla, was told it would come from the manufacturer facility, to them and then on to me...

Other than Shinhopples, I've purchased all my Wing tires and now even for the KTM from Pete Nelson…always fresh, fast shipping and good pricing.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad to hear of your experience, but they did make it right…where you shop is certainly your option, but stuff happens…Does Chaparral warehouse there own tire inventory or are they shipped direct from manufacturers per order….reason for asking is that having just ordered a jacket from Revzilla, was told it would come from the manufacturer facility, to them and then on to me...

Other than Shinhopples, I've purchased all my Wing tires and now even for the KTM from Pete Nelson…always fresh, fast shipping and good pricing.
The man I spoke with on the phone copped an attitude with me when I question where the unused, older tire was when I purchased the 3 years old tire that I had worn out.

Don't you find that to be a lack of inventory? I certainly did. Oh, and to put the icing on the cake, he refused to pay for the return shipping charges. You do know that the manufacturer pays a lot less than a customer does when the tire has to be shipped back.

So in order to get a credit on my credit card, I had to pay for the return shipping back to them. I argued about the stupid restocking fee that he wanted to charge me.

There are other vendors that would be glad to make me happy on my subsequent tire changes, and they did.

The phrase that the customer is always right does no exist in their vocabulary.

Like I said earlier, as far as I'm concerned, they do not exist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts