GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good (ie good service / cheap price) place to get tires in New Mexico? I'm looking to get some Stones G850/851 70 Series installed. I'm in the Carlsbad/Roswell area for the next ten months.

TIA

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
HDL, have them shipped to you! Cheaper than at dealer!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jchefboyardee said:
HDL, have them shipped to you! Cheaper than at dealer!
That can work if I someone to mount and balance them for me. I do not have a tire mount stand or tools while I'm here in New Mexico. Do you know of anyone that can help out? or a shop that can do it at a fair price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bulldog said:
Good/Cheap?

Do these words go together or are they opposites?

Bulldog
Good question. I hope the answer is that they go together here in New Mexico. :roll: In Texas they go together sometimes/someplaces. :D And are opposites at most dealerships. :cry:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Give R and S Honda in Albuquerque a call, Generally have everything in stock.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tires in New Mexico

West honda in Rio Rancho usually has a 1/2 off sale on Dunlops every winter starting in November. I got E-3's last year for $210 for the set. If you pull the tires off the bike they charge $10/rim for mounting/balancing. Otherwise its $69/wheel.

dMac

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. I did not bring my tools, so taking the rim in for the tire mount and balance is out of the question. Besides, I don't have another vehicle that I can use to transport the rims in. It will have to be a ride in / ride out deal.

I will look into R&S. Has anyone done business with Champion in Roswell?

Again TIA

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Three of us were riding up to Alaska, Chip needed a tire put on his bike. We all pulled into the bike shop in B.C. He laid the bike on its side and pulled the wheel and took it in and they swapped tires on the wheel and balanced it and he took it out front and put it on the bike and we all rode away.. But then again, we had to stop at the Calgary B.C. airport to pick some one up and I saw Chip change his oil in the parking area. did not spill a single drop of oil either.

My point is some times you don't need no stinking car to haul parts :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts