GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quote for the Dunlop D250's tires installed front and rear for $380. Is this a good price? Are these tires any good? I am looking for help seeing as this is my first Motorcycle tire purchase.

Thanks,

Winger

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Winger - you should be able to buy those tires on the net for anywhere from $245. to $257. shipped to you (and even lower on some sales), so you can figure what your dealer is charging you for installation. You should be able to do a lot better.

Personally, I'd question you on why the Dunlops? They would be my last choice on the GL1800 and for the overall return on the investment and satisfaction you would expect from a Goldwing tire, I would consider either the Avons or the Bridgestones. If you can get the newer Metzler front then consider the Metzlers. You'll pay slightly more for the other three, but overall they each are better tire combinations (IMO).

Do some research, talk to friends who own Goldwings "and" have driven a lot of GL1800 miles to get some firsthand experience. Also watch your presssure religiously. It's a controversial topic and lots of different experiences with each tire brand so we all have our own (good and bad)opinions on tires

Good luck,

DaleC

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I can buy a pair of the Dunlop tires for $243, delivered to my door. I take my own wheels off, and pay $15 each to get my tires mounted. Therefore, my cost to change out two tires is around $275.

However, my personal preference wouldn't be the Dunlop tires. Actually, it would be anything but the Dunlops. I prefer the Bridgestone, and had excellent results from Metzelers on my last bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts