GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to find one thread, like tires without looking at every page.

I'm looking for tire life, tires other than stock 250's and pro's and con's\

It's hell being new to the list.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Actually its easier to just ask the question again. Someone will post a link to previous threads and the rest of us will have a chance to argue it out all over again. :lol:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
No one tire is going to be RIGHT for everyone, tires are like people they are all different. I may love Avon's and you might hate them, it has to do with riding style and where you ride and the loads you place on the tire, my suggestion is to try a couple of different brands and see which one or ones you like the best, If you have friends that ride and have diffent tires than you see if they will let you ride theirs and see how you like them. jsut remember any tire with 5000 miles on them are not going to ride or perform like a tire with only 500 miles on them. I know this is probably not much help but it just my opinion.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Scooby II - use the search function at the top of the page. You'll figure it out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hey Scoob II, here's a tip. When doing the search, make sure you select a specific forum rather than the "All Available." choice. In looking for tire info, if I may, I suggest using the Tech Forum.

I did a LOT, that's a LOT, of searching and reading recently before deciding on Bridgestones 709 and 704. Was told today that they have been shipped from California and are on the way.

I chose the BStones because of what I read. Just thought they were worth trying based upon the posts from members. Good luck.

Todd

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
wvnna You should like (love) the front stone(709) the rear is ok I am going to try the 850/851 front & rear the front is supposed to be a little softer! I got 20,000 out of the 709 & I dont need to get that many miles...chuck

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Scooby II said:
Is there a way to find one thread, like tires without looking at every page.

I'm looking for tire life, tires other than stock 250's and pro's and con's\

It's hell being new to the list.

Thanks
Scoob; whatever you choose will bettter than the 250 Dunslips in regard to traction. BUt, to keep your tire life comparable you may have to limit your selection to Dunnie E3. THey are not the best for traction, but way on better than the 250s. I like Avons for superior traction and decent life, but some say go with theB'stone front and the Metzeler rear for the best of both worlds.

Enjou!

prs

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
you will get good milage results and traction from the stones or e-3"s

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Tires

I have a set of E 3s with 12,000 miles they look good but the are awful on a wet road.My next set will be Stones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts