GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be prepared for mice! Cool and cold fronts from northern central plains heading south and east, the little critters will be looking for warm secluded nesting sites. Your air box is a perfect mouse nursery. I placed Decon baits in my garage and out buildings today. The little creatures love to chew on wire insulation too.

prs

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Yep, found one in the cupboard the other morning. They're starting to come into the house now, so they'll already be in the garage. Get out the D-Con!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Send some cool air down here, please. 94 this aft. But keep the critters. :wrong:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
be prepared for mice! Cool and cold fronts from northern central plains heading south and east, the little critters will be looking for warm secluded nesting sites. Your air box is a perfect mouse nursery. I placed Decon baits in my garage and out buildings today. The little creatures love to chew on wire insulation too.

prs

Great advice.

I'm loosing my storage this winter and will be storing my Goldwing in my shed outback that I know there are mice in there.

To get prepared, I got traps set all over and caught 4 so far.

BTW....... Did I read here that some rides put covers on their exhaust openings when they store their bikes to keep out mice???????

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Send some cool air down here, please. 94 this aft. But keep the critters. :wrong:
Soon we'll be sending down our "gray hairs" for ya'all to deal with........:yes1:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I don't think they could hurt going up the tailpipe. I think people are talking about the intake holes for the air filter. They will go in there

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Yep, found one in the cupboard the other morning. They're starting to come into the house now, so they'll already be in the garage. Get out the D-Con!
QueenB, If I even mention to my wife there's a mouse in the house, she'd be sleeping in a motel.......................:lol:

·
Registered
812 Posts
A motel would be the least of my worries. If my wife sees a snake or mouse she decides that we have to move as "now they know where we live":)

·
Registered
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't think they could hurt going up the tailpipe. I think people are talking about the intake holes for the air filter. They will go in there
Have you ever smelled a nest being cooked in a muffler. :cry:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Wind Advisory, Frost Advisory, Freeze watch, wildfire evacuation, you just
make sure you keep that crap up there by you.

BTW....Be safe
Speeking of "wildfire evacuation" did you get any of the smoke? It was really bad in Green Bay and noticable in Appleton yesterday. As the news commentator said "it's like being in a campground at sundown. :wrong:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
A few moth balls under the bike will keep the rodents away!
I prefer bars of Irish Spring bath soap. They don't smell as bad to us and they also repel ants and spiders.

If you keep some in your camping gear they also make good emergency soap. :thumbup:

P.S. Did you notice what IeSpel changed your handle to. Wierd!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Speeking of "wildfire evacuation" did you get any of the smoke? It was really bad in Green Bay and noticable in Appleton yesterday. As the news commentator said "it's like being in a campground at sundown. :wrong:
I live north of Milwaukee, and for some reason Milwaukee really got hit hard from the haze.
Just amazing how far smoke travels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts