GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of months ago there was a thread about foot peg feelers/sliders with a link to a source. does anyone remember this thread or is someone able to provide a link.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I've fashioned custom pegs to accept the stock Honda "road sensors" but have not had occasion to try to find titanium.

Contrary to popular belief, they are not acorn nuts, but bolts with an "acorn" head so that you can still remove the things when they are ground down. #26 in the fiche drawing

You could, of course, use titanium acorn nuts on an m6 x 1.0 stud loctited into the peg which would give your your funny colored sparks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#titanium-nuts/=10r23r not acorns tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've fashioned custom pegs to accept the stock Honda "road sensors" but have not had occasion to try to find titanium.

Contrary to popular belief, they are not acorn nuts, but bolts with an "acorn" head so that you can still remove the things when they are ground down. #26 in the fiche drawing

You could, of course, use titanium acorn nuts on an m6 x 1.0 stud loctited into the peg which would give your your funny colored sparks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#titanium-nuts/=10r23r not acorns tho.
Not so much interested in the sparks!!!!!! :eek:4::shock::eek:4::shock: More interested in saving the new big buck replacements

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I have sliders designed for the kury floorboards.
PM me for more info and price(s)

Lots of sparkage
Some Sparkage
No Sparkage

Light duty
Normal Duty
Heavy Duty

Options available

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I have had them available for a good bit of time now but nobody bit so each one is still made by hand, my hands. American products built by an American Biker. (If that matters to you.)

I do a lot of traveling so if you need a set, let me know asap so I can fab em up.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
DJ

I knew someone offered something for boards, but that black hole I used to call a memory interfered. I will remember next time to point him your way.

Do you plan to make such a thing for the stock pegs? I hate floorboards and the stock pegs allow the most ground clearance and comfort for me.

You got some of those acorn bolts with sparks??????? m6 x 1.0 x 12mm

·
Registered
698 Posts
You don't need to use the Honda bolt with the acorn head.

You can just use a regular elcheapo bolt with a washer under it to get it to about the same height.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
You don't need to use the Honda bolt with the acorn head.

You can just use a regular elcheapo bolt with a washer under it to get it to about the same height.
True, but if you grind off the head completely, you're "stuck" with getting it out. Not looking for the extra length, just the intelligent design. Rounded head in that wears but does not turn. Hex head, wears and might turn and might just be gone by the time you get home!

But, I will try a button head allen..... might work.....

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have sliders designed for the kury floorboards.
PM me for more info and price(s)

Lots of sparkage
Some Sparkage
No Sparkage

Light duty
Normal Duty
Heavy Duty

Options available
Hey DJ..... we need more accurate sparkage specifications.:joke:
Number of sparks
Length of spark
Thickness of spark
Intensity of spark
Spark color
Spark glow time

I assume higher quality sparkage will carry higher prices.
How much for some nice Magnesium sliders?:joke:
Can we get sliders that will spark at the push of a button....
to make the lean look impressive even if we can't get it over far enough?:shrug::wrong:

W

·
0 Posts
True, but if you grind off the head completely, you're "stuck" with getting it out. Not looking for the extra length, just the intelligent design. Rounded head in that wears but does not turn. Hex head, wears and might turn and might just be gone by the time you get home!

But, I will try a button head allen..... might work.....
Why not just buy some OEM ones: 92501-06012-0A. Unfortunately, they're $2.50 each.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats would be me....

I believe that post would have been from me.. Ive drilled & tapped the Kuryakyn footpegs to accept these Titaninm scraper nubs.. They protect the pegs & shoot off some pretty impressive sparks as a by product :) On initial observation, one would think that it would reduce the lean angle, but due to the hinged pegs, you'll be scraping other things before you hit the limit of the peg angle. Here is where I get mine.. http://gmanindustries.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/37?osCsid=b16f308dddc9e87023b7b3bd5cc5ce8b

a couple of months ago there was a thread about foot peg feelers/sliders with a link to a source. does anyone remember this thread or is someone able to provide a link.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I guess I just don't get it. Why would want to drag anything? If you wear out a set of pegs you can always find a set for sale for about $20.00.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I designed and made sliders for the floorboards cause I don't like paying $300 for another set.

I will be at Deal's gap with some new video equipment April 1 through the 5th. I will get some shot of my sliders in action.

For Kuryakyn Floorboards I have the following.

Standard Protection
These will last a long time for those who do not drag the boards much.
1/4" thick steel slider - $29.95

Heavy Protection
These will last a long time for those who drag on a regular basis.
1/2" thick steel slider - $39.95

Pro-level Protection
These will last a long time for those (like myself) who drag EVERYWHERE
3/4" thick steel slider - $49.95

The SOLID Titanium sliders have been cost prohibitive at this point, but we CAN make you a set if you want to throw the most sparks possible. We are currently testing a steel / titanium mix so I will have to get back to you on that. If you like what you saw on http://gmanindustries.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/37?osCsid=b16f308dddc9e87023b7b3bd5cc5ce8b that's fine. You have the option of ordering a set of our sliders that are "Plug n play" for his titanium peg savers where you simply screw his setup into our slider. Done - easy deal here. Just let me know if you wish to run one or two of his peg savers per side. (Plug n play - $2.00 charge for single, $4.00 charge for dual) We can sell you the combination of my slider and his ti peg savers if you wish.

I am all about flexibility. What is easy for you?

All prices are + shipping.
Flexible on payment type.

Remember that my sliders are reversable so if you wear out one side, all you have to do is flip them around and you have a whole new slider to use. (2 sliders sets in 1)

Here's what the Titanium does for you...

W

·
0 Posts
I have used DJ's sliders and they work very well - a huge improvement over the plastic sliders that come with the Kuryakyn floorboards (I wore those out in a couple of weeks).

A note to those who might consider getting the thinner ones... I started with the 1/4" sliders because I wanted as much lean angle as possible before dragging parts. The problem is that I still ended up dragging a lot anyway but without having the thickness to withstand repeated dragging. If I were to do it over again I would buy the thicker sliders - they would last longer without making a significant difference in how often they get scraped.

The only reason I won't be buying replacement sliders from DJ is that I have since switched to the AddOn floorboards which are a better match to the factory passenger boards, have an adjustable heel/toe shifter and a heel rest on the brake side, and use the same slider bolt as the factory pegs.

G

·
0 Posts
That night YOUTUBE "IS" Gary from GMANINDUSTRIES

The video you reference "IS" Gary from GMANINDUSTRIES.. I remember when he made that video.

I designed and made sliders for the floorboards cause I don't like paying $300 for another set.

I will be at Deal's gap with some new video equipment April 1 through the 5th. I will get some shot of my sliders in action.

For Kuryakyn Floorboards I have the following.

Standard Protection
These will last a long time for those who do not drag the boards much.
1/4" thick steel slider - $29.95

Heavy Protection
These will last a long time for those who drag on a regular basis.
1/2" thick steel slider - $39.95

Pro-level Protection
These will last a long time for those (like myself) who drag EVERYWHERE
3/4" thick steel slider - $49.95

The SOLID Titanium sliders have been cost prohibitive at this point, but we CAN make you a set if you want to throw the most sparks possible. We are currently testing a steel / titanium mix so I will have to get back to you on that. If you like what you saw on http://gmanindustries.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/37?osCsid=b16f308dddc9e87023b7b3bd5cc5ce8b that's fine. You have the option of ordering a set of our sliders that are "Plug n play" for his titanium peg savers where you simply screw his setup into our slider. Done - easy deal here. Just let me know if you wish to run one or two of his peg savers per side. (Plug n play - $2.00 charge for single, $4.00 charge for dual) We can sell you the combination of my slider and his ti peg savers if you wish.

I am all about flexibility. What is easy for you?

All prices are + shipping.
Flexible on payment type.

Remember that my sliders are reversable so if you wear out one side, all you have to do is flip them around and you have a whole new slider to use. (2 sliders sets in 1)

Here's what the Titanium does for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqJSjntue-c&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Not so much interested in the sparks!!!!!! :eek:4::shock::eek:4::shock: More interested in saving the new big buck replacements
$2.50 part on a ~$17000 bike. Try another reason.

G

·
0 Posts
Sparks !!!

OH ITS ALLLLL ABOUT THE SPARKS !!!! :clap2:
:clap2:

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Not so much interested in the sparks!!!!!! :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
....What's next? Baseball cards in the spokes? or maybe balloons? How about a siren that rubs against the side of the front tire?

:joke:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I dunno bout yall but, I have a one of those lil bicycle bells mounted to my handlebars! heheheheh

G

·
0 Posts
?????

While all those options may sound good at first, none will be as impressive as a 15 foot spark trail at night !

....What's next? Baseball cards in the spokes? or maybe balloons? How about a siren that rubs against the side of the front tire?

:joke:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts