GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Doran TMPS and was wondering where some were mounting it. I would like the display to be seen and not use the red light.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I mounted mine over the RPM gauge. Never used it any way.RPM gauge that is. Easy to see just use some 3M Velcro Lock tape. Easy on, easy off if you ever decide to move it. Plus it keeps it out of the rain. :thumbup:

Hope this helps

·
Registered
192 Posts
A friend and I mounted ours (well, actually, my friend did both installations) on the left handlebar, right at the top end/edge, using a gear clamp, drilling a hole in it and screwing the TPMS mounting bracket to the gear clamp. Its out of the way, easy to read and it looks like it belongs there.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have the Kisan TPMS. But the read out unit looks to be about the same size as the Doran. I mounted it on the front on my right speaker grill. I had to fasten the grill to the dash with a small screw since a good bump in the road occassionally caused the grill to pop off with the additional weight.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I made my own bracket and picked up a longer bolt with a black spacer at Ace Hardware... also longer bolt and self locking nut to mount it on my bracket...Made bracket from tin plate I had laying around, but probably can pick something up at Ace that will work as well...cliped the top part off of stock bolt head cover and tucked in behind my bracket...perfect position

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts