GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Glad you got some shots of those 'Wildlife' in the woods. First thought it was my imagination when I first saw them. Now I have seen squirrels or squirrelys like the one on the left before, but the o'possum or OLD possum on the right are usually seen on the roadside chanting," I CAN MAKE IT, I CAN MAKE IT, I CAN MAKE IT.":joke:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I got some more pictures of the wildlife. This is shortly after grazing. You can see that they are very lethargic at this point

However, you can see that this grazer is still on the prowl.

We asked this group of alert young folks to secure the buffet table from encroachments such as above. You can see how concerned they were.

And some more photos

On the way home we stopped at a Waffle House for a little snack and this is what I parked next to. I'm sorry but I think they are fugly:

Oops, now how did that picture of my grandson sleeping get in here. Must of pushed the wrong button or something. Innocent mistake for sure!

Not a bad day. 722 miles today. But, it was well worth it. Good to see some old acquaitences and make new ones. Oh, and I didn't see one fight :thumbup::thumbup:. Imagine that.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Thanks for posting pics! It's almost as good as being there.

Well, it's not nearly as good as being there, but the best I got this year. Sorry to miss the lunch run and y'all. Hoping and planning for next year!

Jay, that grandbaby is nearly as cute as ours. ;)

B

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Thanks for posting pics! It's almost as good as being there.

Well, it's not nearly as good as being there, but the best I got this year. Sorry to miss the lunch run and y'all. Hoping and planning for next year!

Jay, that grandbaby is nearly as cute as ours. ;)

B
Hummmmmmmm, how do we settle this point of contention? Oh, I know, just ask jay1021. He's not bias at all. ;););)

We missed you guys & Ross and Bill. It was a very good one this year, but then they have always been good.

Oh, I didn't say it before, thanks to the people that put this together. This is for you :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Thanks for posting the great pics.
I really wanted to go,maybe next year??...I was so close to a last minute wild hair ride to the TLR...
In fact I was packing the wing friday night,planning for a 550 mile trek @ 2:00AM to the TLR...When SO caught me said No Way!! changed my mind :nojoke:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Great pictures Jay. Really liked the last one.. That is the best part of life, the little ones.....

I thought about you guys yesterday and I did miss not going this year but also hope to make it next year.. missed the catfish on the buffet....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Bill,
I like the pictures and the way you put 'em on the net.
Sorry I didn't get to see you leave, the parking lot drained pretty quickly after lunch. I know you had quite a way to go and the threat of rain in the PM made most think about getting on the road.
It's been raining here in Nashville all day today.
Maybe I'll see you in Bell Buckle or Lynchburg again this season.
Dave :p

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Great pictures Jay. Really liked the last one.. That is the best part of life, the little ones.....

I thought about you guys yesterday and I did miss not going this year but also hope to make it next year.. missed the catfish on the buffet....
Thanks for posting all the pictures - and I agree with Ross, best part of life are the little ones....
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=683&pictureid=3470

And yes, her eyes are still as blue as ever :)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I was really looking forward to being there, but had my travel dates screwed up....and my daughter always comes first!

Next year....and the little one (not so little anymore....now 10) might come with me.

Looks like everyone had a good time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts