GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, April is the traditional month. I'm looking for votes for the best weekend. 21st would be best for me this year and 28th is probably out. Ok, gimme some opinions and input.

For you newbies! The gathering is at the Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville, Tn. They have a great buffet lunch there with a hotel or cabins overlooking the lake. I think I'll spend the night this year and maybe play a round of golf. However it's my anniversary weekend (16years) and mebbe she would rather I didn't play. Gathering time is 11:30 on Saturday for lunch, then some parking lot time and maybe some led rides!
Pretty much is just a reason to gather for lunch. We had form almost all states east last year and quite a few westies!

1/8/07 update!:

This event is open to anyone who would like to join us. If you have a riding parner or buddies that don't belong to this board, or don't happen to own GL1800's it don't matter to me. The point of this is a "Lunch Run" with some fun thrown in too! Might even have a rubber chicken (Lewis) this year for a doorprize! What I'll be asking for down the road (in about 1 month) is a head count so we can warn the restaurant how many will be coming to eat at their buffet.

1/9/07 update!:
There seems to be a conflict with a conference being held at the park on the 20th/21st. There are NO rooms available in the the park it seems. So, figuring it would be better later rather than earleir, how's the 28th sound to everyone? Also, we won't be interfering with Bakers bike rally?
There are rooms and cabins available at the park for the 27th/28th

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
The 21st is OK with me. I think they were on Central time.
But I have slept since then. :lol:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sid Moen said:
I vote for whatever weekend you choose. All I want to know is the lunch time EST or the next one over. :eat1:
One over

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I have to vote for the 28th, mainly because the odds of warmer weather are a little better. No guarantees though. Heck with the warm weather we are now having it could be six feet of snow and 15 deg. outside on either weekend. :wink: :wink:

Whichever weekend it is I am planning on being there. Hope hope hope...

Ross

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'll be there if at all possible. I missed last year. I spent the weekend with my "Girly Men" friends. And, the answer is "No Chef, we are not goint to let you forget it". :lol:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
This year both weekends are looking pretty good. I will head up a few days early or stay a few days afterwards for some more awesome riding.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
You name the weekend and I will try to make it. Hwy 30 is one of my fav rides anyway.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
After talking to Frank, Sid & Ross how could I not go. Sounds like it is a great weekend every year.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well don't have my work calendar with me here at home. Missed it last year because of having to work on weekend. So pick it and if I can make it I'll be there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tater said:
I spent the weekend with my "Girly Men" friends. And, the answer is "No Chef, we are not goint to let you forget it". :lol:
LMAO -- HA HA HA -- I was wondering how long that was going to take -- 8 posts!!!

enjoy the ride,
Royal

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
You pick and i will be there. CHEF our buddy jim gheen should be riding again by then hes walking straight now.

PS For you folks that will be there fri nite they have a great seafood buffet with frog and crab legs plus all the normal stuff.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts