GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we eat, anyone planning on doing the "Run" part. In other words, anyone planning a corner carving session?

No Galute or Yellow Wolf this year.:cry: I'll take a group out, if you don't mind following a bumblebee on a tomato. We can decide on distance and pace after our tummy's are full.:yes1:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
After we eat, anyone planning on doing the "Run" part. In other words, anyone planning a corner carving session?

No Galute or Yellow Wolf this year.:cry: I'll take a group out, if you don't mind following a bumblebee on a tomato. We can decide on distance and pace after our tummy's are full.:yes1:

Marcia and I would be interested Paul,say : TN 116 :thumbup:;)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

Paul;

Marcia just told me it might not be a good idea because
you would have to stop so much to wait for my slow
azz"

So if you don't mind an OLD" SLOW" guy trying to follow
you, we're in if we make it up for lunch"

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just coming to put

some faces with names on the board. I plan to ride in Sat around noon then head back to the house after we meet and greet.

It's been some time since I have been to this roundup. But, nice offer.....

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul;

Marcia just told me it might not be a good idea because
you would have to stop so much to wait for my slow
azz"

So if you don't mind an OLD" SLOW" guy trying to follow
you, we're in if we make it up for lunch"

I understand about your ability to pick up the pace, you're on one of those tires that don't work very well in turns. :lol: Then, there's the advanced age thing you're saddled with.:lol:

Seriously, the pace will probably be just "slightly spirited". To me that means, if you're confident riding in the mountains enough that you aren't startled when a peg touches, you'll be fine.

I'm thinking about 30 East over to 39 to Tellico Plains, then across the Cherohala or down 68 toward N. Ga. Just a suggestion though.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I'm thinking about 30 East over to 39 to Tellico Plains, then across the Cherohala or down 68 toward N. Ga. Just a suggestion though.

That doesn't sound like as much fun as TN 116 but it
would do in a pinch I guess...

First we need to see if we can get there on time, this
getting ready for a 8 month tour is wearing me out.We
hope to be 100% ready to leave Thursday, but I've
done a few of these long tours so I know how the
planed leave time can work out sometimes..LOL"

·
Registered
463 Posts
some nice curves in the Cumberland Gap 4 Sure

Don't worry as several of you already know there are some really nice curves on 30. As always ride your own ride. I plan to visit and then head back home to Nashville after Lunch, so if any of you are heading back west you are welcome to take a nice run back toward Nashville with me.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would LOVE to, but I will have my wife with me and she doesn't take to well to the quick twisty roads -- and I don't like her beating the back of my helmet either.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't worry as several of you already know there are some really nice curves on 111. As always ride your own ride. I plan to visit and then head back home to Nashville after Lunch, so if any of you are heading back west you are welcome to take a nice run back toward Nashville with me.

:thumbup:
Kevin -- Hope to see you there. Tracy and I will be out, and maybe Dennis -- he hasn't decided between the lunch run or a campout in Kentucky yet.

I also want to look at your Hartco seat and listen to the exhaust on your bike -- I am planning future "upgrades".

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Paul,

I might be interested. See you there.

Chuck, TN 116 is a good road...will take a bit to get there from FCF, though.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Seriously, the pace will probably be just "slightly spirited". To me that means, if you're confident riding in the mountains enough that you aren't startled when a peg touches, you'll be fine.
:eek:4::shrug::doorag:Slightly spirited, peg touches, sounds like fun Paul. Wish I could make it. :p:cool::p

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I would like to ride the skyway with you and Robeth if you will wait on occasion for me to catch up. Hope Sow Joe never leaves the board cause then I would be the slowest winger around.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
I would like to ride the skyway with you and Robeth if you will wait on occasion for me to catch up. Hope Sow Joe never leaves the board cause then I would be the slowest winger around.
Snoop,

Sounds good.....but only if you promise to not actually touch my rear fender with your front tire all the way thru!! :eek:4: ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Friday night

Bob where is everyone staying Friday night

·
Registered
369 Posts
staying at the lodge. i'm gonna be the slowest, the only time my pegs touch the ground is when it falls over. max :oops: :evil:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
You slow, please! I KNOW better than that. The only thing slow about you is the hour hand on your wristwatch.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I've posted before, the guys who "talk about being slow", are the ones who aren't. And usually the guys who "talk about being fast" aren't.:nojoke:

Obviously, there are exceptions.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
As I've posted before, the guys who "talk about being slow", are the ones who aren't. And usually the guys who "talk about being fast" aren't.:nojoke:

Obviously, there are exceptions.

Yes there are exceptions Paul and I'm one of them"

I am OLD" and SLOW"............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts