GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted last week, I have a problem with a feedback squeal coming through the headsets. It only happens, when the CB is on & I key the mic, & while my wife's headsets are hooked up. For some reason, & nobody from MH knows why, not ALL 06's are affected. Now, according to the Honda tech, they may have the problem with some 07's as well. Anyway, I went to a Honda dealer today, & they should have the fix to me in two days. Here's what Jan Kokochak sent me.

Have your dealer call their Honda tech line and tell them they want the part that was created for Champion Honda of Leesburg Florida for Jan Kokochak. Believe me, they will know who and what is being talked about. This was the talk of Honda for about three weeks.

If you have this problem, you'll need to give the honda dealer your VIN#. This is how Honda is tracking the units, that are affected. There won't be any charge to you. As soon as I get the part, which is called a "ferrite loop" or "ferrite stick", I'll see if it has a part number with it. I plan on taking a picture of it, & posting it. It'll probably be Friday night. Hope this helps any of you, who might be having the same problem.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mine did the same thing and my dealer fixed it. I think they installed some kind of a filter in it and that took care of the problem. Works great now and this is only effecting the airbag models.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Vern, I believe the problem is related to the airbag model only. I have an 07, with 7K on the odo with no problems, and I also have the CB. When you posted earlier, your dealer should have had information on the ferrite loop filter he needed to fix your problem. They are using VIN's because Honda let the first ones out without properly checking if everything worked in unison.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
07, 7,000 miles

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed Jenkins said:
Vern, I believe the problem is related to the airbag model only. I have an 07, with 7K on the odo with no problems, and I also have the CB. When you posted earlier, your dealer should have had information on the ferrite loop filter he needed to fix your problem. They are using VIN's because Honda let the first ones out without properly checking if everything worked in unison.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
07, 7,000 miles
You are correct. I should've included, that it does seem to be airbag units only. Sorry about that. :oops:

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I have a problem with continual clicking noise on my '07 intercom but it only happens when the rear headset is hooked up as well. Going to take it in for warranty. I do NOT have an airbag, but I do have ABS.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Dawg I am glad they found Jan problem I was beginning to believe it was a short between the seat and headset. Just kidding Jan

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Bulldog said:
Jan just posted, that they found his problem to be an errant accessory (GPS) install.

Dawg
the GPS problem was a buzzz in the cruise control. The CB squeal problem was different and was corrected by a part specially created by Honda for my bike. It was a harness that fit in-line in the intercom circuit with a special filter in it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a picture of the Ferrite Core Harness Kit. The part # is 08E95-MCA-100WA. As you can see in the picture, they're sending two. One for the passenger intercom harness(located under the seat), & for the riders intercom harness(located under the left glove box). The issue date for this kit is November 2006, & it says the application is for 2006 GL1800VIIIA with CB Radio. I probably won't have time to hook this up, until Sunday. At which time, I'll post an update for the results.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hey Wingnut,

How did you get that already. I'm curious what you told them and what they said.

JLK

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jan Kokochak said:
Hey Wingnut,

How did you get that already. I'm curious what you told them and what they said.

JLK
I just told they salesperson what was happening, & she called her Honda tech line. She told the guy what I had described, & they knew exactly what was going on. That was Tuesday, & they said they would have it to me in two days. Sure enough, I got the call, to come & pick up my ferrite kit. It was absolutly free, as they know they have a problem, with some airbag units.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
[quote="Jan Kokochak":2nm063b5]Hey Wingnut,

JLK
I just told they salesperson what was happening, & she called her Honda tech line. She told the guy what I had described, & they knew exactly what was going on. That was Tuesday, & they said they would have it to me in two days. Sure enough, I got the call, to come & pick up my ferrite kit. It was absolutly free, as they know they have a problem, with some airbag units.[/quote:2nm063b5]

Why is the Dealer not installing it for you under warranty? Did you just choose to do it yourself?

Thx

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
JokerGuy said:
... Why is the Dealer not installing it for you under warranty? Did you just choose to do it yourself?
If it were me, I'd prefer to do it myself, instead of standing around and waiting for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JokerGuy said:
Why is the Dealer not installing it for you under warranty? Did you just choose to do it yourself?

Thx
They offered to do it, but It won't take me very long. It'll take more time to take the seat off, than to hook up the passenger link. As far as mine, it'll take longer to get the Bakers off, than to do the actual job.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wingnut,
Can you double check the part # again. I just checked with my dealer and they could'nt find anything with that part #.
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JPOURT said:
Wingnut,
Can you double check the part # again. I just checked with my dealer and they could'nt find anything with that part #.
Thanks,
James
That's the correct number. It's got an issue date of November 2006. I don't think it's in the normal parts list. IMO, I doubt it can be brought up on their computers. Your dealer has to call his Honda Tech number, & ask for it that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
feedback squeal

I have an 07 premium sound, today is the first time I tried to use the cb, and with the wife on the bike it squeals every time I push the transmit button. When alone it works fine??? Could this be the same thing?
thanks
Bill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts