GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Baker Built Air Wings and the National cycle Wing Deflectors as the ones for me. Now I just need youall to help with the ones you would put on your bike please.
Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Air wings

I went with the airwings, but I dont remember why. Lot of help huh? I do like em a lot though. I am glad I have them, they do what they say they do! :thumbup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've owned both, the National cycle Wing Deflectors are by far the best. they stay where you put them and don't move. the baker wing will move.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK i did it

I went with National cycle Wing Deflectors :excited: for the mirrors for now, I am getting them from WingStuff and the guy wanted to know why I did not get the Baker Wings, :eek:4: so I told him, "I think he is mad now" I think he is pushing the Baker ones:wrong:.
Will let you all know what I think soon.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I put the Baker Wind wings on my bike the other day. Wow! What a difference they make. It took me a little while to figure how to adjust them and after that, it was like day and night. The temps have been awful here in Kentucky the last month or so and I had not been riding much. Granted its hot but with all that air going over you, it is bearable. I think they are great.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I've had the Bakers on all 4 of our Wings. Wouldn't want to ride without them. Someone said they wouldn't stay put where they had them. No problems with mine. Maybe the ones having problems with them moving, should tighten them up a little. I've had our 06 past the 125 mph mark, & no movement. :shrug:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bakers wouldn't be with out them:thumbup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the Bakers too. I first went with the hand wings, to help reduce the buffeting for my wife. (made a noticeable difference) But, she was still mentioning that she was getting knocked around a little. So, we went to a F4+4 which now she is happy. The side effect, no wind for me. So we bought the wings. Easy install, they haven't moved up to 110 mph. (the hand wings do) I had to play with them to find the best spot that works for me.

There is a thread on here that talks about high heat on the shins. I have this problem. With the lowers closed and upper open and a cross wind will heat you up quite a bit. With experimenting I found that if I open the lowers about an inch, it reduces the low pressure behind them and around my legs.

They work for me but may not for others.

Tree

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've owned both, the National cycle Wing Deflectors are by far the best. they stay where you put them and don't move. the baker wing will move.
+1
I also have a new set of Bakers in light smoke. I may cut them up to make a 3rd lower wing or just sell them on the board heavily discounted :shrug:.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
For me the Air Wings were a problem when its above 95 degrees. Now that being said, Baker recommends use of the lowers in combination with the Air Wings for hot weather and I did not have the lowers.
Loved them other than that. Hand wings are great for all seasons.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Bakers a year ago and now neither me or my wife would be without them :bow:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Can't say on National, but I have had Bakers for 3 years and love them.
No problems, mine don't move, and they sent me a new one without question when one of them broke.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had Baker on my 1500 and it was the first thing I put on my 1800 in '08. Put the mirror wings on last year, and will be puttin on the foot wings soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts