GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 3 Wings, 2 crashed and have '06 GL1800. Love it! 52k.. Everything I want and I OWN IT!!! Going to Cleveland bike show Sunday. Have been pondering, yes pondering '19 Gold Wing Tour, manual transmission, Ardent red, the basics. Have been reading lots and lots. Initially did not like new design few years back but also thinking that mines 13 years old. Been maintained very well by me and have little to no problems. Mine is wine berry, black cherry metallic, whatever its called...

Looking for words of wisdom...

Thanx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Bought my '06 because it was the 'new' Goldwing. Loved it. bought my 2018 DCT because it was the 'New' Goldwing. After 9000 miles, ... What a great bike. So much better than the 06. Go for it and ride!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Can t offer you words of wisdom but there is a famous saying quote I am sure you heard of it before YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE hey if you can afford it go for it nothing better than buying a new bike :thumbup:

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
I have had 3 Wings, 2 crashed and have '06 GL1800. Love it! 52k.. Everything I want and I OWN IT!!! Going to Cleveland bike show Sunday. Have been pondering, yes pondering '19 Gold Wing Tour, manual transmission, Ardent red, the basics. Have been reading lots and lots. Initially did not like new design few years back but also thinking that mines 13 years old. Been maintained very well by me and have little to no problems. Mine is wine berry, black cherry metallic, whatever its called...

Looking for words of wisdom...

Thanx
Sell your bike and buy the 19 gold wing tour.

:doorag:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have an 04 with well over 100K, I bought it new, I plan to ride it until the wheels fall off then kick it to the side of the road, walk to the nearest dealer and buy another. An 06 with only 52K I would not even be thinking about a new one...JMHO

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Both bikes will take you riding in comfort. You need to ride the new wing and see whether it offers you a substantial level of pleasure above what you've got. Then you have to consider whether the niggles and losses on the new Wing compared to your present Wing are worth living with for any extra pleasure you may gain.

For me it was a no brainer, my present bike was overall better for me than the new one. So much so I don't see me ever buying the new Wing.

Plainly that balance was the other way for some folks.

Go ride a new one and see for yourself is my advice.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Just do it

just do it-the new 2018 is awesome-try a test ride in manual and dct and enjoy the purchase and most of all the sheer joy of this machine!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts