GL1800Riders Forums banner

To cheap for Sturgis

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Joe In Calif 
#1 ·
I was in Flafstaff, Arizona on Friday night. I was watching the news at the motel, there was a Harley rally called, "TO BROKE FOR STURGIS" sounds like a good idea but it ended bad, 4 were killed including the shooter and he shot himself. I left that morning so I don't know any more about the incident. Anyone have any more information on it,

#2 ·
It is not a Harley Rally

The event sponsor is ABATE of Arizona. According to the ABATE of Arizona website, it "is a non-profit motorcycle rights organization that is dedicated to freedom of the road for all motorcyclists. ABATE is a volunteer organization that fights discriminatory legislation aimed toward the motorcycling community."

Read more: http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cr...526-11e0-90e5-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1T4y7mWpe

#3 ·
Shooting

This was on the new:

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Police released the names of three people who were killed in an apparent murder-suicide at a northern Arizona motorcycle rally. The three who died Friday at the rally are 38-year-old Christian Tejada of Peoria and 45-year-old Edgar Atzin and his 43-year-old wife Trina Ann Atzin. The couple was from Phoenix.
A 33-year-old woman injured in the shooting is listed in critical condition at a hospital.
At the time of the shooting, all four were camping together about 35 miles southeast of Flagstaff at Lake Mormon at the "Too Broke For Sturgis" motorcycle rally.
The Coconino County Sheriff's Office says detectives were investigating the possibility that shooting was prompted by a dispute between Tejada and another member of the group over food.
Investigators say alcohol was a factor in the shooting.

#6 ·
It is not a Harley Rally

The event sponsor is ABATE of Arizona. According to the ABATE of Arizona website, it "is a non-profit motorcycle rights organization that is dedicated to freedom of the road for all motorcyclists. ABATE is a volunteer organization that fights discriminatory legislation aimed toward the motorcycling community."

Read more: http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cr...526-11e0-90e5-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1T4y7mWpe
It might not a "Harley" Rally specifically but the title is To Broke for Sturgis, and that is a Harley rally. Every ABATE ride I have been on are mostly Harleys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.