GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GL1800B
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it is important to keep your tire pressure within specs, but it is a pain to check, and I don't do it as often as I should. With that in mind I like the concept of the FOBO Bike 2 TPMS if they work as advertised. I've read reports of them causing air leaks and that concerns me. Are those unusual cases or is this a common occurrence? What is your experience with them?

Second question concerns the T-valve. More specifically, if you don't have the T-valve do you need to recalibrate them every time you take them off to add air? Is the T-valve recommended?

·
Registered
Scarlett aka The Crimson Couch (2018 Tour DCT)
112 Posts
Mine don't cause air leaks and I have them on 5 tires. There's no calibration. Just unscrew them like regular valve stem caps, put in air and screw them back on.

Air leaks could be that people just didn't notice their tires were low as often. Two of my tires leak air but they are tube-type and lose more air over time anyway and have since they were new. I am just more aware of it now.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the FOBO2 on my bike, no problem. Take them off to put air in the tire and screw them back on.

·
Registered
GL1800 - 2008
163 Posts
I have them on my tires and am happy with them...I did order a couple of "T" style (so I don't have to unscrew the FOBO each time I add air) valve stem that I will be installing in the near future. Got them from WingStuff I think tho they are not showing there now ... might try Cyclemax. Nickel Plated T-Valve Stems
Household hardware Font Automotive tire Tool Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I just put them on my Trike......2 on the rear and 1 in front.
I had metal valve stems installed on the Trike rear wheels as they were rubber.
I like that they are constantly updating on your phone if you are in range, easy to check before taking off for a ride.

IMHO don't see a real need for the T-Valve....... use the FOBO just like a valve stem cap, unscrew when you need to add air.

·
IronMan
19,220 Posts
I just put them on my Trike......2 on the rear and 1 in front.
I had metal valve stems installed on the Trike rear wheels as they were rubber.
I like that they are constantly updating on your phone if you are in range, easy to check before taking off for a ride.

IMHO don't see a real need for the T-Valve....... use the FOBO just like a valve stem cap, unscrew when you need to add air.
WILL HAVE TO CK BUT IF MY MEMORY STILL THERE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF THE FOBO YOU HAVE TO REDO IT FOR THAT WHEEL T VALVE JUST ADD AIR AND GO THERE METAL ALSO

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
WILL HAVE TO CK BUT IF MY MEMORY STILL THERE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF THE FOBO YOU HAVE TO REDO IT FOR THAT WHEEL T VALVE JUST ADD AIR AND GO THERE METAL ALSO
I've had mine removed numerous times......no issues. Screw it back on and it takes off monitoring the pressure.
Maybe the old FOBO versions were that way, but the newer FOBO2 is not an issue.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Gas

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

·
Registered
894 Posts
I installed them on my Can Am Spyder because of how difficult I found it to check the tire pressure on the single rear tire. I had to lay flat on the ground to get it done. When I put them on the tires, I first added air to bring the pressures up to one pound over the recommended amounts. That was several months ago, and over that time the pressures have dropped about a half pound. I check the app on my phone before every ride to confirm that the tire pressures are where I want them to be. Well worth the cost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Went to the Darkside a few days ago, so I decided to pick up the FOBO 2 since you all are talking about them. Should arrive tomorrow.

Now if there was only a way to turn of that yellow TPMS light....oh well.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Went to the Darkside a few days ago, so I decided to pick up the FOBO 2 since you all are talking about them. Should arrive tomorrow.

There is……
Probably not much help but somehow CSC accomplishes this with their Trike kits when the rear wheel is replaced with 2 car tires. The rear TPMS on the bike now always reads 0 PSI and there is no light on the dash.
Front TPMS functions normally….

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't have the FOBO but another brand that works the same. I don't like FOBO because you have to look at your phone to see the pressure if I remember right. I have the receiver mounted on the handlebar and can see the pressure at any moment. I keep the rubber seal on the sender lubricated so that it doesn't dry out with time and never had a problem. I also leave the house with my tire pressures 1 to 2 pounds under the recommended because by the time I ride the 3 miles to the interstate, my pressures are up to spec. Then riding in this South Texas heat I watch the pressures climb to 42 front and 45 to 46 rear with Elite 4s.

·
Registered
GL1800 - 2008
163 Posts

Don't know if your phone has a similar vibrate feature as mine (iPhone) but I have no problem feeling my phone vibrate, if pressures are out of preset range.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I use 'T' valves, and mount a multi-colored cap from Walmart that changes colors, green, yellow and red as pressure goes down. I bend over and look at them about every 1-2 weeks, and call it a day. I realize I am putting myself in danger, and amazed to have survived this long. But I am just not much into new fangled technology, except running a RF car tire on the rear, that's technology I can appreciate. LOL

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Does the FOBO2 work well with earlier versions of Bluetooth, like 4.2 ?

·
Premium Member
2006 GL1800P
442 Posts
I run the FOBO2 on both wings and my Bushtec. I use Tvavle stems on the bikes. I converted the bushtec to tubeless and just use 90 degree aluminum stems on it.

I like the FOBO because I can have them on multiple bikes with the same app. I just turn off the app when not going to ride for a while so I don’t get low pressure alarms. Turn it back on before riding, check pressures and adjust as necessary.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts