GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rode for me,to see if it can be done,they came out for no other reason but to help me and maybe a thank you!!

m/c mom--she was out for the whole 24 hrs,she is a great and sweet person and always my pleasure to meet with her!!

hog---always good to see him,because of lack of help i needed him to stay longer than he really wanted but he did so with out complaint,he is a great guy!!

wimpyhonda--he came out during the last 12 hrs but he sure did bail us out,he relieved m/c so she could get her tires put on and also hog at the very end so he could head for home!!!

again thanks guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is great to have friends that will put out so much effort to help you achieve your goal. I thank them also. :beer2:
When are you going to do it again? :shock: Maybe I can help. :lol:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
HEY RICK
There was just one hero at the gap and that was you. I would have liked to have came back to the store but my wife had no ideal where i was and as you know cel phones dont work there well mine dont.

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
My pleasure Rick, you did all the work.
I just signed my name and pumped a little gas :)

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,686 Posts
Congrats to all.

Rick did the riding, but he couldn't have done it without you folks.

This has been a couple of fun days on the board.

Bob E.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
This board is full of great teammates! (Did I spell that right?)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats to ya Rick, and to all your support staff that helped ya make it happen!!

:beer3: :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
dicepilot said:
This board is full of great teammates! (Did I spell that right?)
I think Rick would like for us to misspell more words - kind of a trubute. :lol: (yes, that was a joke!!!).

Rick - you are a good man for going out of your way to thank those who helped.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are we to assume that you did it? The whole 1000 miles in 24 hours or less at the Gap?? If you did, congratulations. I really didn't think it could be done. You moved up a notch for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congratulations Rick. You have brought a new awareness to the Goldwing. Has anyone from Honda talked to you about the accomplishment?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
YW 1K Gap trip could have had problems!

OK YW, now lets be honest. If it weren't for those great assistants this could have been pretty bad. I can think of two possible problems right off.
1- Just imagine how embarrased you would have been if you had gotten lost on that long trip! :oops: :lol: I'll bet you had a GPS so you wouldn't miss any turns:lol: :lol:
2.- Without assistants, who knows, the mind does strange things when you're very tired. You might still be going!!!:biker: :coffee1::eek::lol:

I know...I know... Don't quit my day job....But I don't have a day job...so please just humor me so I don't hit the wife. She hurts me real bad if I try that. :lol:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Like mcmom said, 'My pleasure Rick' fer sure. Been a while since I've stayed up that long. :eek:4:
I'm usually the first person in chat to leave for sleep of an evening
Your da' man!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts