GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to winterize my 'Wing. Yep, it's gonna be cold in the morning (Tuesday, 10/24), down to mid 30's. I removed my highway bars and installed my rain shields to keep the cooler air off my feet, and put the liner in my jacket. My cold weather gloves are in the trunk, if needed. I also have my goretex pants to keep the wind out of my jeans. Yep, winter makes it tuff to ride... :a13:

To all of you who live where it really gets cold: Sorry, I could not help my self!! :oops:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Yea, I'm ready for winter also......

Now all I have to do is find a source for the studded motercycle tires that I need.
Just got a little 11" snowfall a couple of days ago :cry:
It's mostly gone now except for a few patches of packed snow & ice on the roads.
Driving the cage across South Park yesterday was exciting with the winds blowing the snow on the ground around at near white out conditions on a perfectly sunny day.
Soon as it melts I'm back on the bike again!!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Its gonna be really frigid for my ride home in the morning when I get off shift. The forcast is calling for 48F

·
Registered
373 Posts
Winterizing?

Winterizing? What the heck is that? It was 39 this morning on the way into work. No fancy winter pants for me (yet) - not cold enough. Plus, they get in the way of the heated seat!
Us hardy Colorado riders generally ride year 'round. Perhaps a bit more east in the winter, but that's only because of too many icy spots in them thar hills!

·
Registered
484 Posts
28°F this morning on the way in to work - 40 minute ride. The seat and grip heaters work great. It's as close to snowmobiling you can get without the snow. No need to winterize the bike. Just keep riding it, or when the temp goes above 25°F (wich is at least every 30 days or so in MN, start her up in the garage and let it run for 15 minutes or so. Once the salt goes on the rode, I quit riding however. Don't need electrical problems on personal jet.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am going to have to start summerizing my bike. I let it sit in the
garage for about 6 weeks unridden as it was too hot. It almost didn't
start & the clock was way off. Still, if I could make any money up
North, I'd move in a minute. I hate the heat.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,702 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Its gonna be really frigid for my ride home in the morning when I get off shift. The forcast is calling for 48F
Wayne,

Please be careful to avoid hypothermia when riding in the frigid conditions you encounter! Sounds like things are really tough down there.

Bob E.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Winterizing? What's that all about... :?:

Man it was cold this morning...72* brrr... :shock: Time to get out the thermals and leather jacket....brrrr :p :a13:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nasty here, too. 58° when I left the house at 4:30am. It was up to 63° when I got to work at 6:00am, but where I work is within 1/2 mile of the beach.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Silverback said:
Nasty here, too. 58° when I left the house at 4:30am. It was up to 63° when I got to work at 6:00am, but where I work is within 1/2 mile of the beach.
Where do you guys find the degree symbol on your keyboard? I don't see it on mine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Silverback said:
Silverback where are you in San Diego? I am in Sorrento Valley riding my Kawasaki Voyager IV until my Orange 07 arrives. I am looking for local folk to ride with. Fairly new here and haven't hooked up with a local group yet.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Silverback said:
Where do you guys find the degree symbol on your keyboard? I don't see it on mine.
You mean like this? 212°

Enter your number, then hold the <ALT> key down and enter 248 on you KEYPAD, not the numbers at the top of your keyboard.

Bartman

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
joel3078 said:
28°F this morning on the way in to work - 40 minute ride. The seat and grip heaters work great. It's as close to snowmobiling you can get without the snow. No need to winterize the bike. Just keep riding it, or when the temp goes above 25°F (wich is at least every 30 days or so in MN, start her up in the garage and let it run for 15 minutes or so. Once the salt goes on the rode, I quit riding however. Don't need electrical problems on personal jet.
Yeah it was about the same for me but it's only about 15-20 minutes for me. As long as the roads are dry I'm going ride. I'm not ready to winterize just yet - I'm counting on running a couple tanks through her yet. 8)

·
Registered
484 Posts
[/quote]Where do you guys find the degree symbol on your keyboard? I don't see it on mine.[/quote]

alt 248 = ° if you type it in correctly. Press the alt key and then type in 248 using the numeric keypad on the right of your keyboard. The numbers at the top of the keyboard dont work. By the way, this is the ASCII character code sets. ASCII is pronounced Asskey.

Here is more info to keep you up at nite.
http://www.lookuptables.com/

·
Registered
375 Posts
What the He*@@ is a Kawasaki Voyager IV??

The KAW I had must have been an updated model as it was a Voyager XII.

Does not matter, as the Gold Wing is a much better ride.

AND! The Silver ones are the fastest! Does wheelies in 5th gear! Right!

·
Registered
547 Posts
NovellRed- I'm up in Rancho Penasquitos, and I work at the Costco down on Morena Blvd. If you want to ride sometime, let me know. There are some great roads out in the canyons east of town.

·
Registered
295 Posts
lovetoride said:
What the He*@@ is a Kawasaki Voyager IV??

The KAW I had must have been an updated model as it was a Voyager XII.
Yes it is a 2003 Voyager XII. Guess I shouldn't try to multi task when typing Roman numerals. A spell checker can't fix everything.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Went out the other morning, Temperature was 28 degs F. It fired right up, Took off down the street and when I stopped at the corner, I actually plugged in the Gerbers LOL ........ Think winter may be close !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts