GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is such a treat to get up and head for breakrast before daylight in the fall. We have the luxury of a wonderful place to meet and chat over breakfast within an hour of where many of us live. It is west of us so that we do not stare into the sun if it rises before we get there.

I prefer to get there a little early and have time to stop for fuel if necessary, or to clean the windshield.

The Coffee is always hot and Crystal has her very warm smile to say hello when she opens the door at 7:00 am sharp. The OST is in Bandera which is the gateway to the Hill Country riding.

The benches seen in front of my bike are the post-breakfast place for carrying on important conversations started at breakfast.

By 8:30 or so, the curb will be full with bikes on many Sundays.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
OST

Good picture,Tom.
As one who has had the privilege of visiting Bandera, the OST, & taking part in the food & comaraderie @ the table of wisdom & knowledge, I can attest that Bandera & the OST is indeed Texas friendly. 8)
Hope all is well with y'all & hope to return soon.
the hobo

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the last few Sundays, there have been several out of town groups at the OST, and it has been fun to see the new faces.

Seems like when the temperature breaks from the high 90s, there are many more on the road.

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I remember that bench, I slept there a few hours waiting for you all to show up. :) Glad to see you made it home safely. Did 400 miles yesterday and it was all 2 lane roads. In Dyersburg TN. and plan on more of the same for today. Sheila

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sheila, glad you are getting to ride there. Stewart and I did 711 miles on the way home from Harrison and dodged two big storms, but did ride on wet roads a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts