GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot written about SuperBrace fork stabilizers on two-wheel Goldwings but very little if anything about using them on Triked GW's with a raked front end. Anyone out there that can let me know how yours works, ya or na?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Same weaknesses exist on our trikes as do on the two wheelers. I did not add the Kuryakan Fork brace until I had owned my first trike for a few years. The difference in handling is significant!!!

The reason I installed the Kuryakan brace instead of SuperBrace was because the Kury unit allows of slight natural differences in the fork itself rather than assuming every fork set is identical. Don't know if that is absolutely necessary but in my mind it seems like good logic. I believe any brace you put on will improve handling. Brand is a matter of preference.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I have the S/brace on my trike..........I believe it works, lets just say that I'm not having any problems because it's there..BUT I also had the same brace B4 I triked her out, so to be truthful, if this brace is all I really know, I really have no idea what it rides like w/o it attached......

I wish I could have been more help! Sorry

Ronnie

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had a superbrace on my 06 wing and liked it. Made the the bike seem to roll easy through the turns and handling was positive.
I just put the Kuryakyn 3 piece brace on the 08 a few days ago and the design makes installation a breeze. The one piece Superbrace was a little more difficult to install because you have to make sure things don't bind.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had one on my 1500 first. I added it after riding a couple years without it. It firmed up the feeling on the front end. When I bought my 1800 used, it already had one installed. Because if the improvement I got on my 1500, I kept it on my 1800 as well. A couple of years ago, I triked my 1800 and left it on. I cant really comment on how it would be without but I am going to keep it.

Just an FYI, many tout the braces by Kuryakyn and Traxxion because they are adjustable where the Superbrace just bolts on and no adjustments. I have had no problems even without the adjustment. I think the key is to make sure to loosen it when removing front wheel or forks and dont tighten it up again until your are finished putting wheel or forks fully back on.

·
Registered
899 Posts
With most rake kits, some king of fork extension is included but not always. You will have to check and see if you have some installed. If you end up needing some, I suggest here. The owner also owns triketalk.com and his user name is Papa Zook. At his site, you can order 1", 1-1/2", or 2" extensions.

I have a California Sidecar Viper conversion and this has 1" extensions as part of the rake kit. I am planning on ordering the 2" extensions to raise up the front end just a bit more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts