GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not even sure where to start!!!First of all let me say THERS NO WOBBLE AT ALL,,,the fork brace and the all balls have this wing tracking like a race bike no effort to turn at any speed,,,one of the best improvements in my mind was the awsome feel riding in the shoping center parking lot ,,,much better low speed maneuverabilty,as far as the bumpy roads that i rode on purposely it responded much better than my stock 06 way smoother,, my wife asked why doesnt my bike steer like that one we had it set at #10 I usally ride at 11 by my self and 22 with her with me iam sure the avons had something to do with it to !!!!!THANKS TO GEORGE AND DAN AT MOTOVATION CYCLES IN M.D. YOU WHERE AWSOME oh yea by the way they got a great deal on chrome rims to!!and some really nice riding jackets .CANT WAIT TO TAKE MY BIKE IN FOR THE HOOK UP!!! :yes: :flg: :tools1:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I KID U NOT i dint make it 20yds and was very impressed thanks to you guys i will have the best damn bike i will ever own I DIDNT WANT TO TAKE HIS BIKE BACK !!!!but it was blue not that blue is bad but dark red is my color thses ney sayers kill me it might not be needed by all but if i can make it better i always do !!!did honda do us wrong??? dont think so on purpose this bike is to awsome the way i see it is if your seat doesnt fit r u going to ride in pain or get one that fits.....its only money and u cant take it with you!!!

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
After the trike kit, I'm thing the same thing, All Balls, frok brace and a Traxxion set up. Whne will the madness stop, never I hope :wink:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
KYBLUE said:
After the trike kit, I'm thing the same thing, All Balls, frok brace and a Traxxion set up. Whne will the madness stop, never I hope :wink:
You're a motorpsychotic and motorhaulic. There's no hope, addict.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I just had Dan and the gang at Motovation do my Traxxion set-up and was very impressed. When I left to ride home (usually a 20 mile ride), I took the long way so I could give the new suspension a check out. Dan had advised me to take it easy, because the bike was going to handle differently. I listened to what he said, but I really didn't hear it. After about 5 miles, I knew what he meant. It was like getting a brand new bike. The amount of effort required to corner was a fraction of what it had been before. It was like being used to steering a standard rack-and-pinion pick-up truck and hoping into a sports car with power steering. And I could feel really feel the road. Again, it was such a massive change. I went from walking along a soft-sand beach with thick sponges strapped to my feet to running on a beautifully prepared track with modern running shoes. I could still feel the bumps in the road, but instead of hitting the bump, then feeling the re-bound over and over again, I hit the bump, felt it as I went over, then the suspension immediately did its job and dampened the re-bound.

This was the best thing, and the best money, I've ever spent on the bike.

Motovation cycles is an amazing place. Its a small shop, but that just goes to show that good things can come in small packages. Dan has a team of expert mechanics working for him. The non-experts just don't last very long under his watchful eye. Dan also sponsors a once-a-month "Garage meeting" where you can bring your bike in and do your basic service, add accessories, or just hang out. He will guide you through what you are doing and offer a hand or a tool if you need it.

Thanks Motovation, and thank Traxxion for helping to fulfill the promise of the GL1800.

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
I have the ALL BALLS BEARINGS, someday maybe on the Traxxion. Never heard anything but praise.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Traxxion ride

Geez guys,

For some reason the colors other than "Blue" are still slow and don't handle as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
superjett,

Welcome to the Traxxion side!

I am with you one-hundred percent, I had my Wing done at Wing Ding in Nashville this year, and when I left the convention floor, I was "aiming" for the rough spots in the road just to see what would happen. Man, what a difference! But, that was only part of it, as I found out once I hit the twisties, talk about handling!

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Mike

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
KYBLUE said:
You're a motorpsychotic and motorhaulic. There's no hope, addict.
Yeah, tou're right, addict.....oh well, I can deal with it :lol:

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
If you take your forks and rear shock off of your bike and send them to Traxxion for the upgrades it's about 1700 dollars.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I just want the front forks done for my upcoming trike....I'm going to call them and ask how long it'll take them if I ship the forks to them, turnaround time....maybe I can have it done while the trkie kit is being installed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts