GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know that our warehouse in Sunrise, FL got hit real bad by Hurricane Wilma in October 2004. We have been dealing with a leaky roof since then as all of the roofers here are totally jammed.

Well today they showed up to set the material on the roof. The only question now is when do they come back to do the installation?

And here are the photos from October 2004 right after the Hurricane left:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
It is a miracle they even showed up with the materials! Down here people don't even show up to give you an estimate! Impressive looking delivery! Good luck with the work! Oh, and Hal, just to let you know that your customer service is doing a really great job!! My new chrome fender tips for the VTX should be here today already!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
And who said people ar enot in a rush?

I am glad to see that they are finally working on it. I know it will be a relief whenever it is complete.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Good luck, Hal. I would have a hard time dealing with this amount of distuction...and for two years....WOW

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good luck Hal. The roof pictures you posted could have been pictures of our roof after Hurricane Rita visited us last year.

·
Registered
609 Posts
HAl,
Heard through a rumor that you all will be moving to Spartanburg !!! If so when will that take place??
Will that combine the south stores?(hendersonville and fla store.
It sure would be nice for you all to move up here in South Carolina under ONE ROOF without snow and hurricanes to put up with!!!
and by the way,Happy New Year to the great folks within HDL
edmund
greenville,sc

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edum43 said:
HAl,
Heard through a rumor that you all will be moving to Spartanburg !!! If so when will that take place??
Will that combine the south stores?(hendersonville and fla store.
It sure would be nice for you all to move up here in South Carolina under ONE ROOF without snow and hurricanes to put up with!!!
and by the way,Happy New Year to the great folks within HDL
edmund
greenville,sc
I just bought a house in beautiful downtown Boiling Springs, SC. But the Hendersonville, NC warehouse will remain as the shipping point for the foreseeable future. Its about 40 minutes from Boiling Springs to Hendersonville and its nice to drive thru the mountains each day.

I even know the secret places to buy beer on Sunday since you can't buy it in South Carolina.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Of course, you could relocate your biz to the Phoenix area where there are no hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, raging forest fires, or tsunami's. 8)

AND, you could ride the Wing to work every day (OK, you might get a bit sweaty in mid-summer but hey, just go with the A/C option, right?).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Hal, I have never experienced a storm of that magnitude, hope no one got hurt . :cry:

Two years ago , and it's just getting fixed now ? Unbelieveable :shock:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good luck on getting a quick installation - materials on site is a good sign.

I'd hate living knowing that this summer it could all happen again .... the Arizonia idea is not a bad one. That way you would have quick delivery service to the whole country.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Strider said:
Two years ago , and it's just getting fixed now ? Unbelievable :shock:
But two years is still faster than it takes some people to re-build after losing everything is a forest fire. Then again - it's only a roof not a whole neighbourhood. (Local story in Strider's part of paradise.)
However it's hard to believe that more roofing companies did not take advantage of the hurricane damage and set up temporary shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts