GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All winter long I envy you guys & gals that live in the South and can ride year round. That being said, there are few days more anticipated or better than the day you take your bike out of it’s winter’s hibernation. Today is that day!

I have never had any bike start as easy as this one did after sleeping for about 5 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
All winter long I envy you guys & gals that live in the South and can ride year round. That being said, there are few days more anticipated or better than the day you take your bike out of it’s winter’s hibernation. Today is that day!

I have never had any bike start as easy as this one did after sleeping for about 5 months.
My wife and I moved from Cleveland OH to Florida almost 2 years ago, and I well remember THAT DAY. It was something I yearned for all winter, and when it finally arrived, it was like being reborn; an re-affirmation of life. Enjoy !!

Reactions: RRIXX

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,528 Posts
It was mid 60's and up to 70 degrees high today. I went for a 120 mile ride through DE, PA, and MD....cherry trees are blooming and the green leafs are starting to return to the trees....I love the springtime and its so nice to ride without the heated gear.

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts

YA NEED TO FIX THAT OIL LEAK ! :surprise::wink2::laugh:

Reactions: Dougbug

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet it felt real good to get out on two wheels.
Actually I didn’t even make it out of the garage. I bought Ciro’s Highway pegs and tie down bracket and am in the process of installing those. I bought them in November of last year and I have been staring at the box since then, it’s just been too cold to put them on.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Yep! coming from (cold) Massachusetts ..... I totally feel your pain...........I finely took my "Blacky" out of hibernation last week myself ....It's the best sound ever to hear your bike start immediately..:laugh::laugh:

Ronnie

Reactions: RRIXX

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yesterday our chapter got together for garage day and then rode for supper 150 mile day it was beautiful!!!

Reactions: cris nitro

·
Registered
359 Posts
Actually I didn’t even make it out of the garage. I bought Ciro’s Highway pegs and tie down bracket and am in the process of installing those. I bought them in November of last year and I have been staring at the box since then, it’s just been too cold to put them on.
That's why after years of suffering I finally put a heater in my garage. Go out turn on the heat and go back in the house. Return an hour later and I can work in my tshirt and my tools are warmed up too. I marveled at the convenience and wonder why it took me until I was 53 to put in heat! AC went in 15 years ago when I was 40. Well worth it too!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts

Lived in New York for 60 years. Rode all Winter in every season, back and forth to work and pleasure riding. Three words...............Gerbing's Heated Clothing. One can comfortably ride in Winter EASILY, especially on a Goldwing, down to roughly 20 degrees.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Congrats on getting to “that day”. I have never had to winter a bike before. Grew up in Southern California and have been a licensed rider in Texas (thee different bases), New Mexico and Florida. Actually was licensed in New Jersey too. I used to suck it up and ride abut once a week in the Garden State during winter.

The trade off is the rather straight Florida roads. Perhaps building excitement throughought the winter might be fun if followed by some great roads in Spring. Than again Florida has some great bike events.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts