GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading into Denver from the east pulling my Bushtec heading to Loveland and wondered if I should take 470 around and pay the $18 toll or should I go 270 to 25?

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
From I-70 turn at Bennett on 79 and take it north to 52. 52 west will drop you right on to 25 without any headache from the Denver traffic.

It's a good two lane blacktop that we used to take to get around Denver when we lived in Loveland and unless you have some overriding desire to ride in Denver traffic, I'd recommend that route.

·
Registered
353 Posts
unless you have some overriding desire to ride in Denver traffic, I'd recommend that route.
Um..yep…I went though Denver on my Trip in 2003 just because I did not know better….Never again…lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will be heading into Denver from the east pulling my Bushtec heading to Loveland and wondered if I should take 470 around and pay the $18 toll or should I go 270 to 25?

He's kidding, right? $18 toll just to use 470 around Denver?

·
Registered
630 Posts
MDM,
No, he's not kidding. I took that route last June. Looked like the toll booths were just being built. Actually, they are being removed. I got my toll ticket in the mail about a month later (in Ohio). The system not only spotted my trailer plate, it also saw my motorcycle plate. I paid since I was heading through Colorado a few months later.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The last two times I went through 470 going north to Loveland the toll booth were all closed. Blocked off no toll taken. That was this fourth of July weekend.

I would pay double the asking price to miss Denver and I25.

Cuts off a lot of time and miles.

R :thumbup:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I would pay double the asking price to miss Denver and I25.
After driving in this traffic everyday.....

I'd probably pay triple!!!

If I didn't know all of the free shortcuts around here.

Take the Bennett turn if you are coming in from the east and going north, wide open farm land as far as the eye can see from a good two lane country blacktop.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ah crap. I just got back in from Yellowstone. On the trip out and back I drove all around Denver. No toll both was staffed so I figured I got off lucky. Guess I will watch for something in the mail and then make the call to pay or not. What the [email protected]"? Are my tax dollars paying for?

·
Registered
465 Posts
It use to cost me 18.00 to pull my 40ft 5th wheel through there.At that time they were chargeing by the axle.

With the toll booths closed( last through July 4th and once before that when booth was closed) I have received nothing in the mail reference tolls. There are no signs saying a toll will be charged.

Kansas toll roads are by the axle. it cost me the same money to to ride my Wing with cargo trailer as it does to drive my one ton with single axle trailer loaded with Wing and cargo trailer. Figure that.........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never Paid

When via the Toll Road in Denver last year. Did not realize my EZ TAG in Texas does not work there. Was stopped my cop and showed him my EZ TAG. He is the one who informed me my tag would not work. Said welcome to Colorado and let me go with a verbal warning. Never got a ticket in the mail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts