GL1800Riders Forums banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Love the song Roger, and I'm proud to say that I too have a friend named Ol' Tom Finch! I told Tom that the song was on the Texas board, so hopefully he has seen it by now.

Glen

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Other members thought this was the appropriate place for this Tribute song.
https://youtu.be/dH8dmuD186M
On the skills level, I am not sure it would make it past the try outs on American Idol; but in the heart, its one of the most beautiful songs and emotionally-touching songs I ever heard. It is really encouraging and refreshing to feel this kind of love in a world so full of indifference.

It makes me feel good about being in this community.

I never met you Tom Finch, but I love you man!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yoda's song

Roger,

Werent't you just on the CMA awards program with that video?? :wink2:

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Thanks for the very nice pictures !
IT WAS NICE SEEING TOM AND FOR ME I MISS TOM,S POST. I LIKE READING HIS POST AND IT MADE MY DAY BECAUSE I ALWAYS LEARNED SOMETHING NEW AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I JUST LIKE READING THEM. THEY MADE ME AT EASE AS TO WHAT DIRECTION OR DECISIONS WERE BEST FOR ME AND TOMS THOUGHT HAVE ME COMPLETE COMFORT IT CAME FROM TOM,S EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE AND STILL MAKES MY WING A BETTER RIDE FOR ME. I WILL NEVER USE THAT DANG " FRISBEE TIRE " AGAIN . I CAN SPEAK FOR ALL ON THIS BOARD THAT WE MISS TOM AND HIS POST.:superman1::superman1:

·
Registered
226 Posts
VERY COOL video
I didn't know Tom but it sounds like he was loved by a lot.

“A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others”
Wizard of Oz

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
IT WAS NICE SEEING TOM AND FOR ME I MISS TOM,S POST. I LIKE READING HIS POST AND IT MADE MY DAY BECAUSE I ALWAYS LEARNED SOMETHING NEW AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I JUST LIKE READING THEM. THEY MADE ME AT EASE AS TO WHAT DIRECTION OR DECISIONS WERE BEST FOR ME AND TOMS THOUGHT HAVE ME COMPLETE COMFORT IT CAME FROM TOM,S EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE AND STILL MAKES MY WING A BETTER RIDE FOR ME. I WILL NEVER USE THAT DANG " FRISBEE TIRE " AGAIN . I CAN SPEAK FOR ALL ON THIS BOARD THAT WE MISS TOM AND HIS POST.:superman1::superman1:
I agree it was like sitting in front of a professor online. He is great teacher no question...

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Do any of you kind people over in Texas have an update on Tom?
Yes, and I have debated posting it. Tom’s daughter Terrie Parsons called to tell me that hospice said the end is near, so Brian Norwood (I Big Skeeter) and I rode to see Tom last Wednesday, Dec. 11. Tom was unable to get out of bed, but he mostly stayed awake and seemed to enjoy the conversations with several of his friends and family who also came to visit.

Tom is very weak, and is unable to eat or drink but very little. He hates to take the pain medication for it interferes with his cognitive ability. His body is weak, but when he is awake his mind is still strong. Tom has accepted his fate, and told me and others that he is ready, and just wants the rest. We pretty well realize that this was our last visit with Tom. I have many precious memories of a wonderful friend.

All I can say is pray for peace for Tom, and his family, and his many friends.

Glen

·
Registered
869 Posts
This is sad news. I only got the pleasure of meeting Tom once while eating at the O.S.T. several years ago. I recognized him from this forum the moment he walked in and I waited outside to introduce myself so as not to disturb his breakfast with friends. He spoke to me as if we'd known each other a long time and I rode away wishing I had more time to hang around and chat. Great person.

·
Registered
686 Posts
... said:
He spoke to me as if we'd known each other a long time and I rode away wishing I had more time to hang around and chat. Great person.

This was also my experience on meeting Tom for the first time. I believe it is shared by many of his friends; the most common sentiment I hear is, "I wish I had met him much earlier in my life."

I've had the pleasure of sharing several visits with Tom, and I will miss him greatly. As Glen and I have shared, I will be sad about his passing, but glad for Tom's relief from the pain and suffering he has been experiencing.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
823 Posts
Glen, I know Tom was happy to see you and the rest of his friends that came by for a visit that day. As hard as it is, we all wish we could live the exemplary life he has and be blessed by the number of friends he has as well. Tom is one of the few people on this forum that I have met, talked with a little and found that he is well liked by all and respected by all. He has always been willing to listen and talk with anyone and he makes you feel like you are the most important person on the planet. I know we (me included) don't always make others feel that way, but I will work on that. I too am one of those that wish I could have met him sooner and known him longer. Everyone, take a moment and say a prayer for Tom. We know the Lord is planning for all of Tom's future travels to be down smooth highways with no worries as he tows his trailer along behind him. His roads will always be clear of hazards (no deer) and the sun will always be at his back. Ride forever Tom and enjoy those blessed roads you will be on.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts