GL1800Riders Forums banner

Tom Finch-prayers needed

28K views 180 replies 85 participants last post by  Glockjock 
#1 ·
All:
I just wanted to let you know that Tom is struggling with some health problems and could really use your prayers or well wishes. I hope I am staying within the guidelines of the forum by posting this. For those of you who know, Tom I don't need to say anything more. For those of you who don't, Tom is a true gem of a man and a gift to us all. I have gotten to know him over the last several years and can only say he is a great example of kindness and unselfishness to all of us. He has shared with thousands of us his knowledge and wisdom with nothing expected in return. I talked to him this morning on the phone. He is currently in the hospital and I asked him if it was alright with him if I posted something in the forum. Thank-you in advance for your support.

#3 ·
Prayers sent, may the doctors be able to heal Tom and a quick recovery from whatever is ailing him.

#11 ·
Prayers from florida ! Enjoy his company and always pleasure talking with him . Hopefully just another bump in the road. Speedy recovery !

#16 ·
Sorry to hear this about Tom. I've had the pleasure of knowing him for a little over a year and a truer gentleman you could never meet. He has sat on the sidelines while Len and our chapter did some of our maintenance work on our bikes and always likes to be around to help or offer advice. Prayers go out to Tom for a speedy recovery and return to safe riding. God speed Tom!!!!!

#17 ·
I've never met Tom, but his reputation and the respect of everyone here says it all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well, and soon.

#24 ·
Prayers from Illinois, I met and spoke with Tom at breakfast in Harrison at the first Goldwing Gathering I attended. What a gracious and amazing gentleman. We are blessed that he has been willing to share his knowledge with us. I always thought his explanation and diagrams of how the GL1800 rear suspension works was so enlightening. Unfortunately that thread was ravaged by time but he convinced me that for maximum benefit and comfort the rear suspension should be set at 25.

Get well soon, Tom.

Reactions: cycledude
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.