GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the stock seat that is causing my wife and I discomfort after only 50 miles or so. Looking to see if anyone here has bitten the bullet for a Tom Simmons seat? They look really nice as the side bolsters are not as pronounced as a Russell, which may or may not be a good thing? Pictures would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
.....They look really nice as the side bolsters are not as pronounced as a Russell.......
Not familiar with the Simmons seat, but the Seth Laam seats and the Russell Day Long seats do have wide bolsters that really support well. The Corbins also have that "tractor seat" look, and THIS is what makes them so effective.

The Russell I had on the ST1300 was NOT the prettiest thing, but I could ride that seat ALL DAY with no squirming around.

The stock new Wing seat is flat, has very firm foam, and has no side bolster support. Very poor design for a touring bike.
Jefro.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just pulled the trigger yesterday on our new Tom Simmons seat - our seat (2015 GL1800 CSC Trike) was mailed down to him.

Talked to Tom last week - and he said it was a good time for me to send it - he was just then coming off 8 months straight of 2018 GL1833 seats!

My wife and I were extremely impressed by the conversations with Tom - he knew exactly the issues we were having and how to correct them.

Besides the reviews here which speak well of Tom, the triketalk.com board reviews are also very good for recommendations.

I'm currently number 2 in line for his magic - and he said he was up to number 5 in line behind me!). Hopefully, by mid to late next week we'll be getting our seat back from Tom.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I just pulled the trigger yesterday on our new Tom Simmons seat - our seat (2015 GL1800 CSC Trike) was mailed down to him.

Talked to Tom last week - and he said it was a good time for me to send it - he was just then coming off 8 months straight of 2018 GL1833 seats!

My wife and I were extremely impressed by the conversations with Tom - he knew exactly the issues we were having and how to correct them.

Besides the reviews here which speak well of Tom, the triketalk.com board reviews are also very good for recommendations.

I'm currently number 2 in line for his magic - and he said he was up to number 5 in line behind me!). Hopefully, by mid to late next week we'll be getting our seat back from Tom.
Please post up some pics when you get it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts