GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to see my surgeon one last time tomorrow. He should release me for physical therapy on the shoulder after that. Haven't got the heart to tell him that I've been using my shoulder for the last two weeks pretty much like normal in my job. No pain and it feels great. Still have some muscle weakness so will hit the PT regularly but I'm feeling a bike ride coming real soon like. Getting excited!:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not sure how long your scooter's been detained and unable to see sunshine or feel the slip stream...

BUT! If you'd like, I imagine there are several on this board who would be more than willing to get your steel stallion out in the sunlight and air it out for awhile. Put some new chicken stripes on it. Initiate lower ground clearing scuff marks on your pipes. Extend your forks by grabbing some air...several times. Ride through a herd of beetles at speed. Run from 5-0 (I can say that as I are one).

Yup, if yer biker brudders and sisters are willing to help out a feller biker, how's about creating an on-line appointment skedgyule so we come over 'n ride your scoot like we dun stold it?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Oh yeah, you'll have to supply the gas, too.

- David

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey there 52,
Glad the last 4 weeks are finally done for you. Hope that ride happens very soon for you and congratulations on getting through the process.

Shu

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how long your scooter's been detained and unable to see sunshine or feel the slip stream...

BUT! If you'd like, I imagine there are several on this board who would be more than willing to get your steel stallion out in the sunlight and air it out for awhile. Put some new chicken stripes on it. Initiate lower ground clearing scuff marks on your pipes. Extend your forks by grabbing some air...several times. Ride through a herd of beetles at speed. Run from 5-0 (I can say that as I are one).

Yup, if yer biker brudders and sisters are willing to help out a feller biker, how's about creating an on-line appointment skedgyule so we come over 'n ride your scoot like we dun stold it?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Oh yeah, you'll have to supply the gas, too.

- David
What a pal! I almost want to take you up on that offer!!! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there 52,
Glad the last 4 weeks are finally done for you. Hope that ride happens very soon for you and congratulations on getting through the process.

Shu
Thanks Shu. Got out last Saturday for a 50 mile air out of the pipes. Course I didn't tell the Dr. that's what I had planned but the less said on that the better. Right? Anyway had a buddy help me tear into the bars and put some shims in and do a little eletrical rewiring under the hood. So now Bullet (Hey I'm a cowboy fan what can I say?) is rearing to go. Plan on several more excursions over the next few months. With the new bar position there's no pressure on the shoulder at all and since I'm in a less populated area I can get out for some nice country riding w/o looking over my shoulder for cagers every 5 minutes. Feels good to be back in the wind!:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts