GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have a Tom-Tom One XL that I purchased used and couldn't be more pleased, I hooked it up to the Internet and it went to Tom Tom home and showed all the updates for it, have done this several times and I don't pay anything, I was also able to back up the unit on there data base in case I need to reload my info, very nice considering I got it used and have very little in it, the only thing I wish it had was elevation.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought a TomTom Rider 2, motorcycle specific GPS. I have been very pleased with it. It came with a Cardo Bluetooth unit so that you could listen to the directions that it wants to give to you verbally. Since I do not like to listen to the directions, I don't bother to use that bluetooth connection. The visual directions are good and it has settings for night lighting that work well for me.

I did buy a map update for it last year as the original 2007 map was missing a lot of data. The update process was not too bad, although I did need to buy a larger SD card to support it. Those are cheap though, so no big problem there.

They recommend that you run a full backup of your original map card, then you go through the update process.

Ease of use is great. I recommend it. I haven't checked lately, I assume that they still sell this model.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I also have a TomTom Rider 2 and it downloads updates every time I plug it into the computer and start TomTom Home. It hasn't cost me anything for the updates (called map corrections) It's a 2 MB download and takes only a few seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts