GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rain we had yesterday wasn't a hard rain, hard enough to wash the salt off the roads from last weekend. Would be good to go for a ride today, mid 50's.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Man, I had the itch also. Sprinkled most of the day. At least I went out and let the trike run for about 10 minutes... then went and started the snow thrower, just to make sure it will run also. (sad)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
We had a good hard rain nite before last . But the 12" of snow on ground made nothing but ice on our secondary roads . Snowing again at the moment . Good thing I am digging into the wing and have adventure bikes to play with to get my bike fix under control . I go crazy ( ier) when I cannot ride . Hoping to get wing back togheter today . But a rear shock bolt busted :surprise: and yes I believe salt was the problem . But 200k riding it year around ,,,you will have that . And I am cool with it ,,, well sitting here typing anyways . We will see how much blood I loose trying to get it out ?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I thought salt was what you put on your food when you cooked or sat down to eat. :shrug: >:)
Yep that nasty ole devil made me say that.

F

·
0 Posts
I'm glad it didn't wash the salt away.
I have the flu and would be more miserable if I knew everyone was out riding. >:) :)

Doug

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad it didn't wash the salt away.
I have the flu and would be more miserable if I knew everyone was out riding. >:) :)

Doug
Then you won't mind if I wish a couple extra days of the flu for you?
>:)
0:)

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That is harsh.
Wishing sickness on someone?
WOW.>:)

Doug
Any more harsh than being happy others can't ride just because you weren't feeling up to it?
WOW! I think not.
I suspect a ride would have made you feel better as well, (unless you were at the spewing or squirting stage).

First, let us be clear I didn't wish it on you. You expressed pleasure that many of us were deprived of ours simply because you had the flu. I was looking for verification that you were at least consistent and that you would be fine with turnabout being fair play. Good for the goose, don'cha know.

Wishing a couple more days of an illness on one person vs being happy that countless thousands, :wink2:, couldn't get a therapeutic, sanity or possibly even life saving, :wink2:, ride in. One vs the many. While it is true, misery loves company, it ain't right.

Just jerkin' your chain Doug, hope you get to feeling better if you are not already.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
(unless you were at the spewing or squirting stage).
Lmao :grin2:
Maybe this board has a chance yet at being a fun place to visit :wink2:

F

·
0 Posts
Any more harsh than being happy others can't ride just because you weren't feeling up to it?
WOW! I think not.
I suspect a ride would have made you feel better as well, (unless you were at the spewing or squirting stage).

First, let us be clear I didn't wish it on you. You expressed pleasure that many of us were deprived of ours simply because you had the flu. I was looking for verification that you were at least consistent and that you would be fine with turnabout being fair play. Good for the goose, don'cha know.

Wishing a couple more days of an illness on one person vs being happy that countless thousands, :wink2:, couldn't get a therapeutic, sanity or possibly even life saving, :wink2:, ride in. One vs the many. While it is true, misery loves company, it ain't right.

Just jerkin' your chain Doug, hope you get to feeling better if you are not already.
I was messing with you also,thus the Devil smiley.
Believe me when I tell you that nothing anyone on here says to me comes close to 27 1/2 years of what was said to me in a maximum security penitentiary that I made a career in, and that's the truth! :)

Doug

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we.got the rain the last couple days that has washed the salt off the roads. But it is now 11 degrees outside, Real Feel 1. Not supposed to be above freezing until next Tuesday and then 46 but with freezing rain in the morning...read, more salt on the roads.

Ah, life in Illinois.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts