GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

This is a pretty common front end to a scam. Notice the "pre-qualified" buyers restriction. To become a qualified buyer they usually ask you to provide bank account number or substantial deposit. Don't provide either or it's bye-bye bank account, or deposit, or both.

JMHO

·
Registered
392 Posts
UberXY said:
Does this sale on ebay for a 2005 GL1800 seem a little too good to be true?

882 miles, extended warranty, accessories, for a $4000 buy it now price? Seller appears to have good feedback.

URL 2005 GL1800

Steve
Ebay in the area of motorcycle sales has had a number of these over the last year or so. User names are hijacked (those with good feedback) and something unbelievable is offered for sale -- almost new wing, low miles, unbelievable price -- if you try to contact the actual person you'll probably find out it is a scam.... usually these also list a must be a preapproved buyer. Exercise care before committing or sending any money.

·
Registered
547 Posts
To some people, hiding their license plate is a way to protect themselves from stalkers. I've never understood it, but that's the conventional reason for hiding the plate. Some very upstanding people do it, so I wouldn't consider that, in itself, as a sign of a scam.
I pay for personalized plates and show them off to anyone behind me in traffic, so I don't see the point. (Sooner or later, everyone is behind me.) :)

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Why not send him four grand and find out?......... :roll:

·
Registered
236 Posts
No matter how real it looks dont ever answer any email from eBay unless you go to My eBay and see the email listed. These people send out emails and you have to sign in to answer the email. They take your password and change it and start running ads. Most people dont even know this has happened.

A few years back I ran a bike for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price. A guy did the buy it now and said he was going to send a money order. All he asked was that I send a picture of the vin number and a picture of the title so he could be sure I owned it. I wasn't sure about doing this but then again I figured the vin was already listed so I did what he wanted. He never paid for the bike but a month later I was doing a search for the same bike I had and I found one in Ca. It wasnt on eBay it was on an online site that was for motorcycles. It was my bike and the ad said to prove he owned the bike and it wasn't a scam he would provide a picture of the vin and the title. I wasn't too worried I had sold the bike and I had blocked my address out when I sent him the picture, just incase he was up to something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sent [email protected] the following email:

------

Subject: Goldwing for sale

I noticed that you are selling a Goldwing motorcycle on ebay at this address:

<blah blah blah web address>

You have the "Buy it now" price at 4000.00 US. Is this correct?

Why is this price so low?

Is there any damage to the bike? Is it a salvage title?

What is the VIN number of the bike?

Thankyou!

Tim (Northern Virginia)

--------

I figure its either a scam or the seller made and honest mistake a dropped out the first "1" on the buy it now price of $4K making it 14K (still a good price).

Looks like the seller normally sells sneakers.

If I here anything I will let you know.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Red ,
You Forgot to add the most important thing to the K-Y!!!
The thing is very course valve grinding compound to SMOOTH HIS ******* OUT !!! :yes: :yes1: :sparkplug:
HAVE A GOOD DAY FOLKS,
edmund

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This listing (300050692555) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts