GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not, I repeat, do not tell Tire Rack you are going to put the Kuhmo on a Goldwing. They just cancelled my order because I told them I was putting it on my wing. I tried every way to explain it to him but they said no more orders for me from Tire Rack. OK. Live and learn not to be so honest. I'm kinda pissed. Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do not, I repeat, do not tell Tire Rack you are going to put the Kuhmo on a Goldwing. They just cancelled my order because I told them I was putting it on my wing. I tried every way to explain it to him but they said no more orders for me from Tire Rack. OK. Live and learn not to be so honest. I'm kinda pissed. Jim

Wow I didnt know Tire Rack was accepting TARP monies. Pretty soon I wont be able to do the doggie position with my wife anymore...(woops)

·
Registered
365 Posts
OK then, we need a car that uses the 195/55/16. Anyone know which cars do use that size tire so in case can say just need one because of a nail in the sidewall.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Just tell em it is used on a trailer. And that is the size and style of tire that is on the other side. It is a home made trailer you picked up at a garage sale.

Lying is acceptable, just ask any US President.

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too honest

This was on line. I placed the order and had a conformation and Tire Rack called me on the phone and said no way. I told them I made a mistake and it was for an Accord. He said since they already had me in their system that I could not reorder from them no matter what. If I use my name or my credit card he said it will deny ANY order from me. He said they were not interested in doing any business with me. I was very surprised. He was very polite but that is what he said. Jim

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
OK then, we need a car that uses the 195/55/16. Anyone know which cars do use that size tire so in case can say just need one because of a nail in the sidewall.
Mini Coopers use our size as an option. The two times that I ordered on line, I clicked on the " I don't want to tell you what vehicle" option.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I can see that happening because of liability. However, WTF! What do they care if your not getting it mounted there and they already told you it wasn't meant for your choice of vehicles. That would sort of be like telling me they won't sell sport car tires to put on my 4x4 pickup. Don't make since to lose a customer for life ,and all his friends, for a tire choice. I guess it takes all kinds, just don't seem like good busines to me. I guess they have all they want.

·
Registered
171 Posts
tread depot // never had a problem with them. Only time I ever ordered from tire rack [depot was out of stock] I ordered two for a mini :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I told them it was for a mini cooper, then they wanted to know which year model...Lies Lies and more Lies they forced me to Lie :oops: I am so ashamed.
:thumbup:..................Don;)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
06 Mini Cooper uses these tires as an option that year. I use this when ordering the last two with no problems.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lying is a sin, when you get ta heaven, they won't let ya in.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If Tire Rack will not sell to you unless you lie to them then why in hell is anyone here doing business with them? I keep hearing folks her say "tell 'em you're putting on a trailer or a trike". Why Lie? They are not the only game in town and I'd sure pay a bit more to someone who wanted my business than try and save a buck or two with these knotheads. They don't want your business so why not take it elsewhere. It is absolutely none of their concern what you put that tire on. If you bought an umbrella at WalMart and tried to use it as a parachute would WalMart be liable for you actions because you bought the umbrella from them? Same thing folks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Make friends with a local tire dealer. You can probably get the tire you want for close to the same price and if they get it with a big order you probably won't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
honest

I tried everything. I pointed out to him about this forum and how many riders were using this tire and why. I gave him this site and told him to check it out and I wasn't some nut that was trying something that nobody had ever done. This guy stuck firm and I think by the time we were done he really thought I was making a joke. Then I told him it was for an Accord and he said that he thought I was lying to him just to get the tire. I told him I was lying because telling the truth wasn't working. I finally gave up. I will try somewhere else. Jim

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Dad Gum! I guess they won't sell anymore unless you buy 2 or more! That's ok by me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had ordered mine from Tire Rack. I just did a search by size and picked it out. I never put any vehicle down. I already knew that it fit the Mini Cooper, but there is another alternative. I guy I used to know has Moto Guzzi motorcycle. Many of the engine parts could be crossed to car parts but the guys at NAPA always wanted to know what it went to. The solution was to pick a car that wasn't listed. Then they would be forced to search for the part.

Here are some cars to choose from, with custom rims ( wink wink )

1960 Vauxhall station wagon
1960 Triumph 10 5 door Estate Wagon
1956 MGA roadster
1959 Citroen DS
1954 Westminster A90 Six

It sucks, but thats liability lawsuits for you. Ever try to buy only 2 snow tires for your front wheel drive car? The tire manufacturers say "must be sold in sets of 4 for equal traction". The tire dealers follow along. If you just bring in tires off the car, they will be more than happy to sell you 2 tires.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts