GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
The bike hasn't melted yet, but I have.
I'm done riding until it cools down a little!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm gonna get mine out for a few hours this morning. Went riding the other day when it was 105, not very enjoyable at all, the wife even said it was too hot!

·
Registered
673 Posts
hey Papa , We just went up there for a ride. We got home about 1:30 . And we did COOK all the way home . It hit a 108.... boy it was HOT. not to speak of all the fluid that went all over the place.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Your bike won't melt, but your skin may leak!:eek:4:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Took the bike out in this 100+ weather. The radiator fans kicked in and never went off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You guys in OK are getting worse heat than us in TX.....incredible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Here we have all this EXTREME record breaking heat in Okieland, along with surrounding states, (we're not alone in the suffering), and just think, we were having record breaking cold just last winter, (hit -34 somewhere in Oklahoma), and couldn't wait 'till summer would get here! I just went to the mailbox, thermometer said it's 106 in the shade, gets hottest in a couple more hours! :wrong: :eek:4:

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still too hot

Heading out Tuesday to find cooler temps. Shouldn't be hard. Anyone wanting to ride....kickstands down????

·
Registered
469 Posts
The wife & I left the house today about 10:00 A.M., 94 when we left, rode around north of Wagoner to Hulbert, to Tahlequah, south down around Keys, rode about 150 miles total, got home about 1:30 this afternoon, 102 degrees. I kept asking her if she was doing ok, kept saying yes, keep going. We get home, she climbs off the bike a bit dazed, goes in the house, and gets in a cool shower, WITH HER CLOTHES ON! Guess I'll have to use my better judgement next time, I'm out in the heat more than her, so I'm more used to it. She's ok now, but it kinda worried me for a while.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We went out Saturday also, but left around 9. By 11:30, it was 100 and my wife had had enough. Bless your wife for sticking it out!!!
:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
It is only around 94 today, I have been telling everyone I need to go get my winter coat. :joke:

·
Registered
469 Posts
It is only around 94 today, I have been telling everyone I need to go get my winter coat. :joke:
2:00 P.M., I just went out and checked, I have two thermometers hanging on oposite sides of the house, they BOTH say 109! :22yikes: I don't know how accurate they are at these higher temps, but usually pretty close to the local news & weather at 80 or less temps. It may as well be winter and 0 degrees right now, can't ride because of the heat! :eek:4:

·
Registered
88 Posts
This sucks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312211289.556272.jpg

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm just sittin' here watchin' the news & weather, and had a revelation. Last winter when it was -20 something here, I was bitchin' about the cold, wishin' it was summertime. If ya want, you can bookmark this and try to get me, but I'll go on record right now, and say next winter, I don't care how cold it gets, I'll think back to this and not bitch a word about how cold it is. I'm ready for some cold, I've had all this I want. I've got enough firewood to get us through a good long cold winter, I'm ready. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts