GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was up here in Virginia for the Holidays I decided to run up to our Honda dealership in Ohio and see how things were going. And as usual when I crossed over from Cumberland, MD to Frostburg, MD I went from nice cool weather to snowy, cold weather.

This is looking out west into the valley. Pretty close to Uniontown, Pennsylvania.

Here is one of the leftover markers from ther National Road

Do you think everyone is paying attention?

10 MPH limit and none of the trucks were speeding.

But now the real reason for my trip. It finally came in.

And it actually fits me pretty well. Don't even have to loose any weight. Just need to get good weather and it will be on its way south.

·
Registered
868 Posts
When are you going to install the saddlebag and trunk? --- does it come with XM radio? :lol: :lol:

Nice looking ride

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Hal-

Looks like Santa was a couple of days late this year! :lol: :xmas1:

Maybe you should have asked him to drop it off in Florida :sun1: instead and you could have avoided the snow. :snow1:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Hey Hal,

Some people have all the fun!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Hal,
Nice lookin' toy for a man still feelin' his oats or is it the pre-retirement accumulation of extreme testosterone fun?? :wink: :lol:

I just wish my body would fold up just to try one out, I'll bet ABB would love it. :lol:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sweet Scooter......did you trailer it home or are you waiting for a warm day to ride it south?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Don't know if I could have the patience for that! I've always loved the VFR.....maybe one day.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Those pictures reminded me why I have a place in Florida. Hate the cold and snow. Happy New Year from sunny Florida temp today high 76

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
looks sharp !

i bet a similar limited edition paint scheme like that would sell pretty well on the Goldwing

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hal, I know that stretch of 40 well. Used to live up there near Chalk Hill. The winters can be long and harsh.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
8) You know Hal I would be more then happy to come and
get it and ride it down here for you. That way you could enjoy
it sooner....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hal how far is Cumberland MD from your Ohio store? I get to Cumberland once or twice a year for work at the Fed. Prison there..

Jamie

·
Registered
900 Posts
jamie said:
...how far is Cumberland MD from your Ohio store?
Jamie,

Not to be speakin' for Hal, but his Shadywide store is about 160 miles from Cumberland, MD. I bought my '06 at the Shadyside store.

Spent $76 bucks for a one way Greyhound bus ticket from Baltimore, MD to Wheeling, WV. Ralph Tolbert, the Manager of the Shadyside store picked me up at the Wheeling Greyhound bus terminal and drove me back to the store (about 10 miles). I saved almost 3,000 dollars on the cost of the bike. No one in Maryland was able to touch Hal's prices... Spent 76 bucks to save almost 3 grand - sounded like a good deal - PLUS - I got a nice 300 mile shakedown cruise back to Baltimore through the mountains of Western Maryland...

I win!

-=Margarita Will=-

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Looks to me that next summers group ride will be, trying to keep Hal in sight. I am sure that puppy does eat up the roads real well.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Sunrise to Woodborne. June 2007. Sounds like a good ironbutt ride in the making.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts