GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been lurking for a few weeks here now..and finally took the plunge, a Candy Black Cherry 2004. Goodbye VTX Retro.....and on with the wing...:) Have picked up a lot of information here...thanks...

Rex

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome Rex!!! How did you like your Retro? That is what I went to Honda to buy............... Then I saw her, winking at me accross the showroom floor........... she flirted well so I picked her up, my candy-o gl1800!! no regrets so far!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome to the board, Rex. Better keep that CBC under lock and key. There were a couple guys here that are having trouble finding one. :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome Brian. Actually I love the VTX, it has taken me a lot of places, but as the trips get longer and longer decided I needed a little more comfort for the long haul.

Rex

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer didn't have one, but it only took him about an hour to find one. I guess mostly it just depends on how bad the dealer wants your business. He did say that if I wanted to order one it would take 60 to 90 days to get it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Rex

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome aboard and good luck with your new Wing. You are only about 75 miles away. Keep in touch and we will hook up and ride out and meet Lucky Phil.

Do you by chance deal with Watseka Honda?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although I have heard good things about Watseka Honda I have been doing business with Sportland in Urbana for several years. They have always treated me well...and their service has been outstanding.

Rex

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Isprex said:
Have been lurking for a few weeks here now..and finally took the plunge, a Candy Black Cherry 2004. Goodbye VTX Retro.....and on with the wing...:) Have picked up a lot of information here...thanks...

Rex
Does Sportland actually know what a Goldwing is? I'm somewhat surprised. Now I know that they've sold at least one GL1800 this year.... :wink:

Let's meet up sometime.... when it warms up a little. :lol:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Welcome!

Kewl!!! Welcome to our illustrious group (heh, heh). Lots of good info here, and good riding is just around the corner!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the Impressively Attractive ( Bike that is ) CBC Riders Team...
:lol:

Get ready to hear wows, ooohhhhs from other Wing riders. :D

Especially from Red, Black, Orange, Blue and White Wing riders :wink:

Yellow wings are OK!

I mean they're not as attractive as our bikes but they deserve recognition of somekind :roll:

Ride safe my friend,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Traded My VTX Last Year

Rex
I traded my VTX in after owning it for about 6 weeks, my wife didn't like it as much as I did, she loves the wing and so do I.
Jordan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mrgl02

Hi Rex. I'm a short hop from you down in Champaign.

Does Sportland actually know what a Goldwing is? I'm somewhat surprised. Now I know that they've sold at least one GL1800 this year.... :wink:

I've never had much use for Sportland, after being insulted by one of their salesmen... but I'm glad to see that they've made someone happy.

Let's meet up sometime.... when it warms up a little. :lol:[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I have bought 4 bikes from them and have always been treated very well. As a matter of fact they have went out of their way a couple of times. You are right they don't have a large selection of Wings, but in the past as this time they were able to find me what I wanted in a short period of time. Too bad we can't all have good luck with all the dealers.

Rex.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Rex,

Welcome to the board and congrats on getting, what is my opinion, the nicest '04 color out there.

As far as your experience with your dealer, I am glad to hear that you are a happy camper. Based on your return purchases, they must be doing something right.

For those that hate your dealer, it might just be their attitude to wards the dealer that sowers everything.

Hope you get many (S)miles out of your new charge.

Bulldog

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Bulldog said:
For those that hate your dealer, it might just be their attitude to wards the dealer that sowers everything.
Bulldog
Sorry about this Rex. This sort of thing happens here at times. Opinions get passed by others, even when they have no knowledge of the situation.

Bulldog: I'm surprised that you know so much about the day that I was insulted by the salesman. I ended up going to another Honda dealer, 45 miles away, that got the sale. Their salesman took the time and effort to get the bike that I wanted. Guess who lost out on that deal? It wasn't me.

I gave the local dealer in question the first shot at my business, and they decided to pass up on it, in quite a rude fashion. Things apparently have changed, for the better. And I'm glad to hear that.

ANYHOW... Rex... Maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee sometime in Rantoul. It only takes me about 20 minutes to ride up there. I'd enjoy getting to meet you, and take a look at that new ride of yours. My apologies for the comments of others.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
GL02,

Don't be apologizing for me. I am a big boy and can stand on my own.

As far as the comment about me knowing about your situation, I know absolutely nothing about it. And quite honestly, I don't care to know about it.

Secondly, if you felt that I was talking about YOU, when I said OTHERS, then perhaps you feel you have a stake in this reference.

Let us try and keep it as civil as possible. If you feel that you need to address me in a personal way, email me, PM or Phone me.

BULLDOG

Bulldog

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rex:

Glad to hear you found someone you like to deal with. That is how I feel about Watseka Honda. They bend over backwards to give me good service. If you ever find yourself needing anything your dealer doesn't have give them a call. I find myself riding the 60 miles to buy things readily available around here.

Warm(er) weather shoudl be here soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
:shock:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mrgl02

Be happy to meet you in Rantoul or Champaign either one. It ends up they are picking the bike up Monday...so hopefully I will have it by next weekend.

Dealers are like a lot of things...everyone has their own opinions. And each of us has different experiences. Heck, who knows maybe the guy had a fight with his wife that day.

I don't know when you were there, but there have been some changes, especially in the service department. All in all, we can only speak to the experiences we have had.

The main thing is that you are happy with the dealer you have...

After I get the bike will be happy to meet you for a cup....:)

Rex...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts