GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I knew it would happen and it did. Being curious about the new Wing I went for a test ride and that convinced me it was time to update from my 2012. I'm looking forward to picking it up next week. It's a 2018 Ardent Red DCT the price was hard to pass up. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well I knew it would happen and it did. Being curious about the new Wing I went for a test ride and that convinced me it was time to update from my 2012. I'm looking forward to picking it up next week. It's a 2018 Ardent Red DCT the price was hard to pass up. :grin2:
Yes I am sure you got a good price on your new ride, but remember this: The price you paid for your motorcycle, is just the down payment for all the accessories you will add it make it yours! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
CONGRATS:congrats: The absolute best color too!

Reactions: XBeemer

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
Congrats . Let us know after awhile your opinion compared to old bike

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
That happened to me also .....BUT with my 2010......... once I rode it / I had to have it............My only problem was, my hand was shaking, from excitement, when I was signing the papers...Congrats!

Ronnie

Reactions: XBeemer

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aloha,

Went out of curiosity and tested both manual 6 and DCT thinking I wanted a manual 6 all the way.
Ended up with a 2018 White DCT and never looked back.
2018 eliminated all the concerns I had with the previous model and now I only had the limited storage space problem.
It turned out I didn't have a "storage problem", I had a "too much unnecessary sh$t problem"! LOL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Aloha,

Went out of curiosity and tested both manual 6 and DCT thinking I wanted a manual 6 all the way.
Ended up with a 2018 White DCT and never looked back.
2018 eliminated all the concerns I had with the previous model and now I only had the limited storage space problem.
It turned out I didn't have a "storage problem", I had a "too much unnecessary sh$t problem"! LOL
Good description........I think that's the case with many, myself included at times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I traded my 2016 F6B last Fall for a 2018 ZX1400R SE ABS, and I love it. But it's not really well suited to multi-hour rides, at least not for me with the arthritis in my knee and shoulder.

Today I test rode the base mode Wing with DCT. It was stunningly comfortable for both knee and shoulder.

I did not really expect it to be as good as it is. I rode for an hour and a half on I-40, I-24, I-840, US 231, and urban roads in Murfreesboro, including construction zones, school zones, and heavy traffic zones.

I am so impressed with the shoulder and knee comfort that I am going to buy one. I may wait to see where prices go for leftover 2019s later in the Fall, but I am definitely going to get one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I traded my 2016 F6B last Fall for a 2018 ZX1400R SE ABS, and I love it. But it's not really well suited to multi-hour rides, at least not for me with the arthritis in my knee and shoulder.

Today I test rode the base mode Wing with DCT. It was stunningly comfortable for both knee and shoulder.

I did not really expect it to be as good as it is. I rode for an hour and a half on I-40, I-24, I-840, US 231, and urban roads in Murfreesboro, including construction zones, school zones, and heavy traffic zones.

I am so impressed with the shoulder and knee comfort that I am going to buy one. I may wait to see where prices go for leftover 2019s later in the Fall, but I am definitely going to get one.
Not to hijack the thread,... BUT,
I also have a ZX14r, 2012. I bought a used Concours seat and 1” risers for it and ride it from Ohio to TN/NC about every year, average about 1500 miles in 4.5 days and do fine, and I have had 3 back surgeries. Although I don’t measure mileage and time the same on this bike as I do my others... at 170 the miles click off a little faster :D

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
You fell for the saying, if you ride one, you'll own one! Congrats on the new bike! Ride west young man, ride west!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers and thanks to all for the kind words. I'm sure it will be sometime for the smile is gone, if ever!
Ahh yes, the accessories have already started. Driving lights, HomeLink, 12v accessory outlet, trunk and saddlebag liners....the few items I sell from the '12 will be going toward these.
You're right on the color, although I came real close to a Pearl White one that he had on the floor, however IMO all the colors look awesome, just a personal preference.
I rode a BMW 1200LT for years and loved it however being vertically challenged when I wanted to buy a new one, the Wings just fit me better that the 1200GTL.
It is the DCT Tour and I'll update my Avatar when I pick it up.
I will be curious as to what I think in regards to the '12.
Thanks all

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I liked it so much i bought it just from seeing/reading about it on Youtube! Bought it and had to wait three weeks before i could get my butt on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts