GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
It does not come with a TOOL KIT for 2012. Another cost cutting move by Honda.

If you really need one just buy a 2010:yes1:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kept mine

Kept mine when I traded my 02, plus the others I carry. Trying to keep them from looking like a service truck

·
Registered
438 Posts
They stopped including them sometime in '06 according to my dealer. My '06 had one, he said others coming in didn't have the kit.

I think you're dealer may have his facts wrong. My '08 certainaly does have a tool kit that came with it when I bought the bike. My understanding is that all of the wings through 2010 had tool kits. The 2012 is the first year that does not have them.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I think you're dealer may have his facts wrong. My '08 certainaly does have a tool kit that came with it when I bought the bike. My understanding is that all of the wings through 2010 had tool kits. The 2012 is the first year that does not have them.
Correct. Wonder why those in Canada still get the toolkits though? Strange to me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I don't call a wrench punched out of a sheet of steel a tool!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ask one of your Canadian friends if you can have the one they have.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a tool kit in my 2012 Red, It looks just like the one that was in my 1984 Aspencade, Nice Chrome Sockets,Ratchet,and Chrome Wrenches in a nice Leather Roll. I did put a cheaper tool kit in the 1984 Bike before I traded it in though.....

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
actually, the 2011 was the first year without a tool kit...

:cool:

Dennis

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think In the manual in realtion to the tool kit it was for Canadian units:?

·
Registered
318 Posts
The manual does say "Canada only" or something along those lines. My Canadian 2012 GL came with one. I have never opened it for fear of not being able to fit all those cheap tools back in their pouch. There's also a strap to hold the toolkit in the left saddlebag.

On the other hand, the CDN Level 3 / Level 4 bike does not come with XM radio or XM weather and only 1 color is available for level 3 and a different one for level 4. Red and blue respectively. I wanted it white. Oh, and no Level 1 or Level 2 bikes available here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The manual does say "Canada only" or something along those lines. My Canadian 2012 GL came with one. I have never opened it for fear of not being able to fit all those cheap tools back in their pouch. There's also a strap to hold the toolkit in the left saddlebag.

On the other hand, the CDN Level 3 / Level 4 bike does not come with XM radio or XM weather and only 1 color is available for level 3 and a different one for level 4. Red and blue respectively. I wanted it white. Oh, and no Level 1 or Level 2 bikes available here.
That's weird about the colors and the tool kit differences from CA/ USA. But the absence of a non-ABS option is good. Every bike should come with ABS as standard equipment. (IMHO)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have never opened it for fear of not being able to fit all those cheap tools back in their pouch. There's also a strap to hold the toolkit in the left saddlebag..
Ain't that the truth on getting those things back in the pouch.

Under my strap was all of the manuals.... bike / gps / warranty etc

I really liked having the tool kit... it came in handy a time or two on the road for the bike as well as off the bike use.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
It's entirely likely that after all the bitching and moaning about the quality of that perfectly useable toolkit that Honda used to provide they decided "Screw you guys, we're just not going to give you one if that's your attitude."

·
15 year Member
6,869 Posts
It's entirely likely that after all the bitching and moaning about the quality of that perfectly useable toolkit that Honda used to provide they decided "Screw you guys, we're just not going to give you one if that's your attitude."
I read somewhere that the money saved on the toolkits was used to redesign the "Trunk" part of the 2012...

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts