GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wing has no tool kit what tools do i need,its a 2015 goldwing trike,gonna make my own kit,need to know wrench sizes

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I at least pack a 8,10,12,14,19,22 MM sockets/wrench's
Vice grips
channel locks
phillip's screw driver/straight driver

Ronnie

Reactions: skeez

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I used to carry a lot of tools but it has now shrunk to a tire repair kit, a compressor, a cell phone and a credit card.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used to carry a lot of tools but it has now shrunk to a tire repair kit, a compressor, a cell phone and a credit card.
To the above, I add a battery brick (GOOLOO brand, but I've read good things about Anker's), an everyday carry pocket knife (Kershaw Blur), and a Leatherman multitool.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
If you travel with Harley riders, get some SAE tools also

·
Registered
419 Posts
The best way to put a tool kit together is to actually use the tools. What are you capable of doing on the side of the road or in a parking lot? Remove wheels, brake pads, battery and maybe some wiring fixes for added farkles. So at home, in the garage or under the shade tree do these things. As you use a toll set it aside for the kit. Add in the small compressor and tire repair kit and you have what you need.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's a Requirement

If you travel with Harley riders, get some SAE tools also

If you travel with Harley riders, you only need a metric socket set. It is required that Harley riders take a complete tool box for all rides over 200 miles. >:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you travel with Harley riders, you only need a metric socket set. It is required that Harley riders take a complete tool box for all rides over 200 miles. >:)
Easy now. I've been on a few rides with a few Harley's. Only had one issue and it was a 3 inch nail in a Harley tire just as we got to our destination. Next thing I know they are talking about borrowing a trailer, checking to see if the local shop had a proper tire, gonna miss tomorrows ride, etc. I said why don't you just plug the tire? Answer.... With what? I pulled out my plug kit and compressor and the problem was fixed in minutes. Guess what they all carry with them now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Now that all the jocularities are out, what is a good, compact 12 volt tire inflator. Has to be small enough to fit on the bike without sacrificing too much storage.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Here is my tool list and a parts list that I carry on long trips.

Also a picture of tool/parts bag and most of its current contents.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Now that all the jocularities are out, what is a good, compact 12 volt tire inflator. Has to be small enough to fit on the bike without sacrificing too much storage.
A Slime pump and Dynaplug plug kit will fit in the trunk space under the "floor" of the trunk even with the CB unit in there. That's what I carry, with a set of front wheel bearings and seals, two extra J&M cords for the head sets, and the extra set of keys all in this space. I do now carry a different plug kit with those CO2 cartridges I got on Revzilla... looks like a better kit. It rides in the left saddle bag with the Honda tool kit that did come with my 2008. And... I've never needed any of it...

Here is my tool list and a parts list that I carry on long trips.

Also a picture of tool/parts bag and most of its current contents.
Yikes!!! I could do a heart transplant with all of that!:wink2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
What is this "hoist" of which you speak?

Robert

·
Registered
529 Posts
Honda OEM tool kit, Slime Pump w/tire plug, lithium battery jump starter, credit card, cell phone, road side asistance.

If these don't take care of whatever the problem quickly then I don't want to deal with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts