GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Honda got a little over zealous on the size of the clips on that key hole cover. I filed just a little bit off the clips so I can remove the cover without needing tools to do it. It still takes a little effort to pull off, but I can do it with only my fingers. But those tools can have other uses for working on this bike.

By the way, that "link" did not get created correctly.... This one works better: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7XNQHG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
95 Posts
ıf i did not get it wrong you plan to use this tool to open the key fob for replacing battery.
if so you dont need any tool. Just take off the metal actual key from the fob reverse it and put in the hole where you took out the key and by pressing it open the fob.
no need for extra tools. metal key is just for the right dimensions to crack the fob open

·
Registered
26 Posts
ıf i did not get it wrong you plan to use this tool to open the key fob for replacing battery.
if so you dont need any tool. Just take off the metal actual key from the fob reverse it and put in the hole where you took out the key and by pressing it open the fob.
no need for extra tools. metal key is just for the right dimensions to crack the fob open
I think he is referring to the panel on the back of the bike that needs to be removed so you can use the emergency key to get into the saddlebag

·
Registered
360 Posts
Harbor Freight also sells a 4 piece trim tool set for a few dollars. It’s worth it’s weight in gold removing the body panels. Made of tough plastic and doesn’t scratch.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Harbor Freight also sells a 4 piece trim tool set for a few dollars. It’s worth it’s weight in gold removing the body panels. Made of tough plastic and doesn’t scratch.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
possible link to the one youre talking about?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts