GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Cell phone! :wrong:

Tool kit that came with bike, air compressor, jumper cables and flashlight. :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
compressor, plug kit, full set of sockets, wrenches, misc stuff packed up in a small nylon bag, bought the pouch @ the **** Depot..:joke:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Carry:
1 set of t-handle allen wrenchs
screw drivers
crescent wrench
needle nose pliers
swiss army pocket knife
small wire cutter
tool kit that came with bike from honda
flash lite
electrical tape
wire ties
two small jumper cables with a small 12 vdc lite bulb (electrical tester)
fuses
and now a deep socket and breaker bar for the rear tire
Air Compressor and Plug kit

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Same as Fred H.

You never know when you need that one tool that keeps you from being stranded.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The tools and spares that you carry. Assure, that those parts will not break when you are a long way from home.

:p Don

·
Registered
68 Posts
credit card, list of dealers, cell phone, tire repair kit and air compressor:shock:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Sticky rope tire kit, compressor, GL1800 tool roll, cell phone, credit card, first aid kit, tire pressure gauge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You all know the toll that they always bring to help a bit.Like...
"I did told you this" and "I did told you that"
I never leave home without it !!:shock:

·
Registered
436 Posts
being a mechanic I bring some specific tools besides flat repair stuff an compressor and flashlite honda tool kit, I do not bring a complete socket set, I only carry sockets to fit the bike, example no 9mm, no fastners that size on the bike, 8mm socket to remove taillites if a bulb change is needed, if you go over the bike ahead you can determine which tools to carry that can be used and which have no use as they don't fit like a complete set of allen sockets not all sizes used on the wing, I also carry fuses, and some spare bulbs, tape, small test lite, jumper cables, last of all I have a cd service manuel and laptop, I don't carry this much on day rides but if I'm going hundreds of miles I like to be prepared

·
Registered
989 Posts
Don't forget Duct Tape! It really comes in handy. If you get in a mild crash
(god forbid) Tupperware can be damaged, cracked! Many other
uses as well! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Kit that came with bike
Socket set
Multitool
Combat knife (actually way more useful than you'd think if you've never had to carry one)
soldering iron
crank type flashlight
fuses
heat shrink
oil filter
CLP
Electrical contact cleaner (NEED SMALLER CAN!!!)
filter wrench
crush washers
multimeter
firestarters in a waterproof container with flint
survival blanket
water prifier straw
Duct Tape
Electrical tape
double sided tape
Velcro
tire plug gun
Compressor
EMT sheers

That's it off the top of my head.

BTW : I'd like to start a campaign to get everyone to keep a crank or shake type flashlight in the farthest back position of the left saddle bag.

It may sound stupid, but if everyone did that, then in an emergency people would be able to find the working flashlight. If you can find the flashlight in the dark, then you can generally find the first aid kit or anything else that is needed in an emergency if the rider is unable to communicate for some reason.

I drill anyone I ride any distance with the location of that flashlight when I go over the emergency procedures, and though it has never been important, it's a little thing that can make a big difference.

·
Vendor
22,244 Posts
Here is a photo of most of what I carry. In addition to what you see here, I also keep a small digital voltmeter, an electric Slime air compressor, and a Dyna Plug kit in the trunk.

I also carry a small block of wood as an emergency jack, a mini mag lite, digital tire pressure gauge, and just enough rope to hang myself with.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cell phone,Credit card, tire rope plugs, air compressor, gun. :joke:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
compressor,
rope plus & kit
original tool kit
leatherman type tool
a couple of the tools that Honda gave away.
flashligjht (love the crank light idea.. one goes in my bike tonight.. good thought)
Fuses
bulbs (spare H7)

I carry most of this stuff for my Harley friends..I've never needed any of it, nor have any of the Wings I've ridden with. Harley's OTOH, yes. I'm going to add some Harley specific tools, just cause they're the ones that use them.
Frankly, if yous Goklwing breaks, it's fairly unlikely that you can fix it on the road. You will probably need parts or a full shop. Other than a flat, of course.

YMMV,

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The only tools I carry on the wing are Trojan Ribbed for HER Pleasure !

Why? Because the chicks are ALWAYS available when they see my ride !!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:eek:4:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts