GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experience a problem where the top case will not open when exposed to sunlight (heat) for several hours?

Every time I go out to get on the bike to go home after work, the top case does not open. I have to push forward on the back of the passenger seat while pressing the button to get it to open.
When the weather is cooler, it pops open every time.

I've seen complaints about the left saddle bag not opening, but I haven't the top case.

If a known issue, is there a fix?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I leave mine in 90+ degree weather at work and have had no issues opening. Only time I have issues with my trunk or bags is when I get something stuck in the latch or over stuff them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I leave mine in 90+ degree weather at work and have had no issues opening. Only time I have issues with my trunk or bags is when I get something stuck in the latch or over stuff them.
Yeap, same here.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Anyone else experience a problem where the top case will not open when exposed to sunlight (heat) for several hours?

Every time I go out to get on the bike to go home after work, the top case does not open. I have to push forward on the back of the passenger seat while pressing the button to get it to open.

When the weather is cooler, it pops open every time.

I've seen complaints about the left saddle bag not opening, but I haven't the top case.

If a known issue, is there a fix?
Ok you jinked me. Came out from work tonight and it wouldn't open. Had to push on the passenger backrest to get it to open

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
930 Posts
On a hot day, 100+ the trunk and saddlebags on my bike will stick. I have to hold the button down and pry the door or lid open with my other hand.
It must be the expansion of the plastic that causes them to stick.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
no issues here

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yep, my trunk sticks too on hot days, simply pulling back on the backrest lets it release though. My saddlebags have not stuck yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts