GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my 1800 is always willing to give more. Anyone know what the top end speed is? Could have sworn I was over a buck-15 and climbing...rather get an answer than figure it out myself.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
I have had my 2010 131 GPS. It was running out of steam and I was getting nervous and backed it down

·
Registered
469 Posts
Been to about 122 on mine (when it was a 2 wheeler) and ran out of nerve. Don't think there was much more though. Kept thinking about how far I would slide if something happened. :eek:4:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Friend of mine states emphatically that he has had his GL1800 up to 148 MPH.??????? He tells it for the truth.

Mine will do 70 MPH on a good clean, dry interstate with no problem.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It will go fast enough to get you a $450.00 fine plus costs,and 2 points on Insurance for two years.

If you spend $500.00 for an Attorney you get reduced to $75.00 and no points.

Just saying if you want to get frisky on the slab

·
15 year Member
6,940 Posts
I had mine going 180mph on day, then I woke up..... Never ride faster that your Guardian Angel can fly....

Matt(BCNV):lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I've had people ask me how fast my bike will go, I always tell them, It will go faster than I want to ride it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
120+ all the time. 130+ occasionally. 140 a couple of times downhill. The Wing is very stable at speed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Speed

I've had mine @138 odometer mph with the stock windshield in the low position. It only goes 132 odometer mph with the Tall Tulsa. Never checked it with the GPS. I don't think it will do over 125 with this crap Ethanol gas we have to buy these days.

·
15 year Member
6,940 Posts
120+ all the time. 130+ occasionally. 140 a couple of times downhill. The Wing is very stable at speed.
What are you going to do AFTER they re-open the 405!!

LOL

Matt(BCNV) ;)

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I had mine going 180mph on day, then I woke up..... Never ride faster that your Guardian Angel can fly....

Matt(BCNV):lol:
I'll bet my Angel can outrun your Angel :biker::biker:

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Chuck211 has been 151 mph on his wing:22yikes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you do the math it's about 137 point something in real MPH before you hit the rev limiter.

Personally 136 ish on the GPS under ideal conditions, closed track.

Most people are smart and keep it well under 120.

I do notice front end lift starting at 100 which is a little scary.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Triked wing guit climbing at 124 by speedo on a nonwindy day

1 - 20 of 31 Posts