GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
They most certainly did have Top Gun on Friday from 10 am to 12 pm. I left early to ride to the board lunch meeting at Cove Lake, so I don't know the winners.

The lunch, and meeting board members was one of the best parts of Wing Ding. :thumbup:

Great putting faces with names, but sadly only a few of those in attendance were identified. An introduction would have been nice for the first timers, like me.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They most certainly did have Top Gun on Friday from 10 am to 12 pm. I left early to ride to the board lunch meeting at Cove Lake, so I don't know the winners.

The lunch, and meeting board members was one of the best parts of Wing Ding. :thumbup:

Great putting faces with names, but sadly only a few of those in attendance were identified. An introduction would have been nice for the first timers, like me.
Yeah, I was there too, we should have went round the table and said who we were! Charley

·
Registered
454 Posts
NOT SURE OF ALL THE WINNERS BUT I KNOW OF ONE / ME LOL / I GOT 1ST PLACE IN THE 1800 NOVICE CLASS / ITS REALLY HARDER THEN IT LOOKS / I WON I BELIEVE BY ACEING THE SLOW RACE / IT DINGS MORE RIDERS THEN ALMOST EVERY THING OUT THERE / ITS ALOT OF FUN THOUGH / HOPE MORE OF YOU TRY IT IN THE FUTURE

·
Registered
270 Posts
NOT SURE OF ALL THE WINNERS BUT I KNOW OF ONE / ME LOL / I GOT 1ST PLACE IN THE 1800 NOVICE CLASS / ITS REALLY HARDER THEN IT LOOKS / I WON I BELIEVE BY ACEING THE SLOW RACE / IT DINGS MORE RIDERS THEN ALMOST EVERY THING OUT THERE / ITS ALOT OF FUN THOUGH / HOPE MORE OF YOU TRY IT IN THE FUTURE

:congrats: on winning MD. I was able to see the excercises up close while observing and they appeared to be very tough.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Congrats, MD. :thumbup: Next year, after some practice, try the Intermediate Class.

The "Slow Ride" does bite more than a few. But many find the 135 degree pullout very tough. You basically start from a stop, pointed at a 45 degree angle to the right, then you go one bike length straight then turn so sharp to the left that you are crashing. At the last possible second, you throttle and straighten up. At least, that's my definition. :eek:4:

The "S" also gives many fits. A 180 degree tight turn, then, at a precise moment, you redirect into a 180 degree turn the other way. :22yikes:

Careful, it's addicting.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Way to go MotorDeputy!

I won third place in the GL1800 class (I'm the short guy in the pic) and MD is correct, the slow ride ate my lunch! I had zero deductions in the other exercises but only ran 14.x secs in the slow ride. I certainly know what I need to practice for next time. It is funny how we each have our own 'nemisis exercise.' I found the pull out to be not much of a problem, but that dang slow ride was tough tough tough! Steve McKenna's nemesis is the "S" curve but he nailed it.

Sure are some great riders out there. It is motiviating to watch and compete. If they can do it, we can too, just takes practice practice practice!

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
there are none they had no room anywhere to have this contest.
Don't post crap if you know it's not true . . . . Bozo!! Geeeeesh!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Anyone know who won the light show? I know kmassey had his sights (and lites) set on winning.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't post crap if you know it's not true . . . . Bozo!! Geeeeesh!! :roll:
Pretty sure he was joking and taking a dig at the parking situation. Not everyone uses smilies on their posts.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Was it harder than motor qualification?

YES AND NO SCOTT / THE SLOW RIDE IS A REAL PAIN AND THE S-CURVE IS TOUGH TO DO TOO / THE 140 PULLOUT WAS TOUGH FOR ME CAUSE ITS NOT LIKE HOW THE S.O. DOES IT / YOU HAVE TO PULL OUT STRAIGHT AND THEN TEARDROP HARD TO KEEP YOUR BACK TIRE FROM CROSSING A LINE / THE BRAKING EXCERCISE IS EASY AND SO IS THE 360 CIRCLE / NOT REAL BAD PER SAY BUT THE LOT WAS WET AND THAT PLAYED A BIT MENTALY ON US TOO :eek:4:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I came 2nd in GL1800 Expert this year. A guy named Ricky won it. Sorry, I don't know the last name. My wife and I took 1st in GL1800 2-Up Experienced. I'll post a few pics once the editing is done.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Motordeputy, I have some pictures of you on the course if you're interested.

Send me a PM with your email address and when I get to a highspeed internet connection I'll send them to you.....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: to the winners!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts