GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering the installation of a topcase in my Goldwing, mainly for my wife's support and comfortability, and also to be able to leave the helmets wherever we go.
For once, my first option is the Shad SH58X:

There is also this one from Givi but I couldn't find any pictures of it mounted in the Goldwing.

Can anyone recommend any more?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Best regards from sunny Barcelona....

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
the good news is , if you add a trunk to a "bagger" , it's not "bagger" anymore, it's a "trunker" ;)

I agree the best trunk (for passenger comfort) is the Honda OEM trunk.

And there are several helmets that will fit (e.g. modular Shark Evoline ).

·
Registered
498 Posts
the good news is , if you add a trunk on a "bagger" , it's not "bagger" anymore, it's a "trunker" ;)
The Shad case has 3 different size settings, plus comes off in seconds. That's why I am going to give it a try.

It's basically for a bike with a multiple personality disorder. I'm a bagger, no I'm a little trunker, no I'm a big trunker ... :confused:

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
He wants it to fit two helmets. That's not a bad price on a Honda case, though.

To the OP. I am supposed to get my Shad SH58x tomorrow (we'll see). The one in your pic looks like it is in the middle position. So, it can be even shorter. I'm looking forward to mounting mine. :grin2:
Two full face helmets will fit in the trunk but you have to lay them sideways. Of course that takes up all the space.

:doorag:

·
Registered
105 Posts
i went with the shad sh 59 x it has a lower profile in back plus if you lower the brackets a little it will look sweet check out my previous post.

i know people say go with honda but i ride solo and wife saids why do you want a throne on your bike lol .

plus this case comes off in 2 mins or less

·
Registered
440 Posts
I saw a GL1833 bagger with the SHAD expandable topcase and it looked very good and the driver showed how the volume could be extended. Very flexible in terms of volume and also much less $/€ then the Honda topcase and also SHAD is Spanish comapany. So go for it SpanishGoldwing!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I mounted a Shad case on my wife's Honda CTX-700 and it's a very high quality piece of luggage.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Geeee I like it......I honestly believe, it does look like it's suppose to be there...
Thumbs up! from me!

Ronnie

·
Registered
119 Posts
With the Factory trunk color kit AND the required trunk Installation kit, it totals almost $1800.00 + tax. If I did not already have the factory trunk (DCT Tour) I would consider the Shad for sure.

I have the Givi Maxima on my ADV bike, Great trunk, pain in the A** to open and close. I use it for the Hotel bag, easy to pop on and off. Just don't want to fight the latch every stop. The Jessie saddle bags i have are for that type use.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now, if Givi would just release this prototype, it would look even better than the original painted in OEM color...

What do you guys think?...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Now, if Givi would just release this prototype, it would look even better than the original painted in OEM color...

What do you guys think?...

Looks very nice and obviously the lock function via smart Phone with bleutooth is very modern. I see that in the article this was showed as pototype at Eicma in Milan last year November with potential availability dat of March 2019. But looking at Givi site, they did not make this dat. Looking at the other pictur from the side, the large version (56ltr) would in my opinion not be nice on the GL1800 bagger.

https://moto-station.com/moto-revue...multitude-de-nouveautes-en-preparation/408533

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts