GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the International Centre Motorcycle Show in Toronto this past weekend and here are just a few pics of some of the customized bikes, I took while I was there. Hope you enjoy them, as I do.

Roger

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great pics...thanks for posting!

But I have to wonder why all these "custom" bikes look pretty much like every other custom bike???

I was in Ocala, Florida about month ago and stopped at a Hooter's. Parked out front was a nice looking "custom" chopper when another, almost identical chopper (down to the color of paint) road in. This rider saw the "twin" sitting against the curb, circled the parking lot, then drove out.

Apparently it's not cool to have more than one special-built custom parked side by side.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol ! Aside from them having different rakes and paint jobs, they do tend to look alike. That being said, they are nice to look at.

However, here`s one that doesn`t emulate all others. ;)

Roger

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw that show in November (if it's the same one) when it was in Phoenix. I was less than impressed. it was OK, but it was just like a bunch of dealers got all their bikes together and had a tent sale type thing. THe Ducati display was cool, but I didn't see anything that I couldn't really see at a dealer.

But it was the only show I'd ever attended. Maybe they are all like that.

I didn't see that old bike so maybe it was a different show.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dangerdave said:
I saw that show in November (if it's the same one) when it was in Phoenix. I was less than impressed. it was OK, but it was just like a bunch of dealers got all their bikes together and had a tent sale type thing. THe Ducati display was cool, but I didn't see anything that I couldn't really see at a dealer.

Perhaps they are alike, if not the same. Like you say, it`s almost like one big fleamarket of dealers and vendors. Other than the hall full of custom bikes, I wasn`t impressed and I`m not likely to go back next year.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I liked the pics. That first green one looked like it could roast the inside of a leg in a nanosecond. A couple of them looked ridable. I like the shows but the ticket prices are getting out of hand around here.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
those bikes are cool to look at but I could never figure out how any one could ride one for more than a few miles. Those hard tails just look uncomfortable :?

·
15 year Member
6,934 Posts
I believe the bike in the fifth picture is called the "nutcrusher" just ask anybody who has riddin it!

Its more like art that transportation at that point....

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
791 Posts
dangerdave said:

This is not a Cycle World show or part of any traveling show I am aware of. I've been attending for over 25 years and with the exception of the manufacturers its 99% Canadian vendors and bike clubs including Ducati Owners, Canadian Vintage Owners, etc. They used to claim it was biggest MC show in North America and I wouldn't argue. Put all the vendors at Bike Week together in one place and you get the idea. Up until a few years it included all the major bike manufacturers on the floor with the latest models but that segment now displays a month earlier at a different venue. Before the promoters raised the vendor pricing (not to mention the favorable US currency situation) you could get incredible deals on gear like 50 -75% off US list.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts