GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the pipes and I like them. Gives the bike a little more "presence" but they are not loud like Harley pipes. One of the other members of this board says it "sounds like a Porche" which I don't disagree with.

I like it because the bike doesn't sound likie a sewing machine however my wife initially didn't like because it added sound "period" and she likes a super quiet bike that does not interfere with her music. She is getting used to them now. i am getting baffles to put in them for when she takes long trips with me

Summary - I like them, would do agian. However, to put things in perspective and provide fair disclosure, I also ride a Harley with Rinehart Exhausts which I like. They set off car alarms going thru parking lots.

·
Registered
855 Posts
torq master

...which "model" number of exhausts are you looking at or
already purchased

...torq master has the exotic or daytona models with baffles
as accessories

thanks...Ken

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I have the Daytona and really like them

·
Registered
168 Posts
Torq's

I have put Torq's on three different GL1800's. Two of my own and one set on a friends bike. I love the sound. It is like a Porsche somewhat. You can increase the packing around the baffle and reduce the sound some or you can take the fiber sheet completely off the baffle and have a really good sound. When riding by myself it was great. When my SO was on we had a bit of a time hearing each other. She didnt like them because they did drown out the music in the headphones. If you like sound from the engine and dont mind losing some of the music and voice get and put them on. It really gives the wing a presence.
allan

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I have them and like them a lot. You can also move the baffle forward and rearward to change the tone. It takes some drilling and riveting but does work.

I have been told by another 1800 rider who was following that under a load they sounded like a small block chevy.

If there is a negative, it would be that after about eight hours in the saddle, you might want to hear less of them. They really aren't loud though. I call them mellow.

I have, in the past, described them as sounding like a porsche.

·
Registered
130 Posts
45-degree turn-outs; non-removable baffle; sounds just right for my taste:

Low, persistent rumble - throaty and mellow - not a roar - more like a lion's purrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Have the Daytona slash cut (as pictured) w/o baffles for 7000 Mi
Love them, great sound. They were a little loud at 70 MPH for first
1000 Mi or so, then seemed to quiet down a little.
Someone said they rust, mine look as good as the day they came
out of the box, not a mark or pit anywhere.
Even a couple of Harley guys said it sounded good !

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
stick405 said:
Anyone know about the sound of these Torq Master Pipes.

OH so you are the guy who out bid me.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ..chuck...LOL

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided that my money would be better spent on rubber that I needed. I never did notice what they ended up going for.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
sound is beautiful! but you would be wise to take a couple of long trips on the slabs before you consider noise as a travelling companion...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts