GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I destroyed a exhaust gasket on the loop and Honda dont make them. I know the loops came with the clamps and 2 gaskets. Where can I find these gaskets?:shrug: I Need your help.... thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Exhaust gaskets

I just went thru that when installing my torque loops along with my Roadsmith HTS trike kit. The bike shop that was helping me do the conversion just dug in his stash and found one that fit, not new by good, I just called him and he feels pretty sure it was from a 1500 wing. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Kevin
I am in Dallas until tomorrow evening. If you still haven't found any I think I have an extra.
Fast Eddie

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kevin
I am in Dallas until tomorrow evening. If you still haven't found any I think I have an extra.
Fast Eddie
Thank You, I will take you up on that.:thumbup: How Much do I owe U? I am still going to have to get more for that....just in case time:lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went thru that when installing my torque loops along with my Roadsmith HTS trike kit. The bike shop that was helping me do the conversion just dug in his stash and found one that fit, not new by good, I just called him and he feels pretty sure it was from a 1500 wing. Hope that helps.
I will do some digging, Thanks for the Info:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
torque loops

I have a set of loops on mine coudnt get to seal real good so I made some bushings and had them welded up works great . Now my exhaust pipes are not welded I run vance & hines monster .This might help you

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Kevin
I think I have 4 OEM exhaust gaskets somewhere. Seems I remember several people having issues getting them to seal even Tims. I will be home late eve tomorrow and will let you know.
Fast Eddie

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin
I think I have 4 OEM exhaust gaskets somewhere. Seems I remember several people having issues getting them to seal even Tims. I will be home late eve tomorrow and will let you know.
Fast Eddie
I did order the OEM 18392-MAM-000. These were to big. I found one on ebay from the 1500 with the number 18391-MAM-000. Im hoping this will fit, but not sure until it shows up.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Mine are OEM 1800 exhaust gaskets.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Can't tell you a number as they are used but in good shape so I saved them as I have a habit of trying different exhaust but they are 1800 gaskets.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Take an old one to NAPA or other parts store where they have the books from Victor and/or other gasket makers and they can place your old one on the sized illustrations to select one that fits. My VTX gaskets matched a common one for VW Beetle.

prs

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't tell you a number as they are used but in good shape so I saved them as I have a habit of trying different exhaust but they are 1800 gaskets.
As far as I can tell the OD is 1 9/16 and ID 1 7/16.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Does the Torque Loops change the sound. Wife had a Valk with 6 into 6 pipes and she loved the sound. She now rides a wing but long for the Valk sound

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the Torque Loops change the sound. Wife had a Valk with 6 into 6 pipes and she loved the sound. She now rides a wing but long for the Valk sound
Yes it will because you have to cut your cats off and put the loops on, so the sounds will be different and then add aftermarket pipes and you got a growing sound:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take an old one to NAPA or other parts store where they have the books from Victor and/or other gasket makers and they can place your old one on the sized illustrations to select one that fits. My VTX gaskets matched a common one for VW Beetle.

prs
I did take it to Napa and they said they had nothing to match:shrug:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Do the Cats cut off or unbolt ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
torque loops

You can go to the torque master site you can call them theres a guy there called jimmy he can help you its a smaller gasket for sure where he toque loops meet the header pipes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts