GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust modification? Is it worth the money or another useless hype?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Torquemasters

My advice is to find a Wing with torquemasters on it and listen to it for yourself. Then ask the owner how he likes 'em. They're fairly pricey for something you may or may not like the sound of. T.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Torque Masters

I've ran the Torque Master Daytona's now for almost two years and I would never go back to the stock. The Daytonas take the sewing machine sound out of the wing and gives it a powerful sound. It now sounds like it runs. :wink:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've had a custom set of these pipes for several years. There is a drone with a full face lid on and the windscreen up pretty high. But, none with 1/2 lid and windscreen in normal position.

I do like the sound, tho. Much better than stock IMO. No horse power increase that I can 'feel'. And, not so pricey.

I think when I purchased mine they were called Mustang or some such. Good quality.

But, as was posted above ... I'd listen to them before buying. Always a good idea, eh.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Had them on my 1500 and now 30k on the 1800. Really like them, however, after 7 or 8 hours in the saddle, I find myself wishing for the stockers.

As a matter of fact, first chance I get I'm putting the stockers back on for a while, to see if I can live with the quiet on a fulltime basis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the Daytona's on for about 8 months and would not go back to stock. On long trips the baffles reduce a lot of the drone when riding with a full face helmet. I like hearing the engine with and without the baffles.

They also look much better than the 01-05 which have two fake ports on each side. The chrome goes all the way around and as I recall they are lighter. My fuel milage improved from about 37 to about 40 based on odometer readings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Installed Mine about 6 months ago and I have noticed a horsepower increase. I love the sound and have decided to keep them on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had the torque masters since '02 and really like the sound. I took out the primary baffles and only run the short baffles at the end of the pipes. Very unique sound.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Charlieupi, I think your hp increase is just because it sounds better, we have put several on the dynos and NO real difference. JMHO

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed my increase during passing around 60 -75 mph. However, I have never used a Dyno.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
CharlieUPI said:
I noticed my increase during passing around 60 -75 mph. However, I have never used a Dyno.
Hey maybe they increase torque more so than actual horsepower, after all they are named torquemasters. Terry

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
mudbug said:
Charlieupi, I think your hp increase is just because it sounds better, we have put several on the dynos and NO real difference. JMHO
Mudbug,

How many miles did you have on the bike with the Torqmasters installed when you ran the dyno test?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The three we saw had about 10,000 on them when the coversion was made, they did and ECM reset, let me say these were all 03's but do not see why that would make a difference, I put the Cobra's on my 05 and did some 1/4 mile runs and only saw a little difference in time, none on top end.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
mudbug said:
The three we saw had about 10,000 on them when the coversion was made, they did and ECM reset, let me say these were all 03's but do not see why that would make a difference, I put the Cobra's on my 05 and did some 1/4 mile runs and only saw a little difference in time, none on top end.
Any miles put on them with the TM's installed before the Dyno test so the Fuel Injection would have a chance to recalibrate, (ECM reset doesn't do this)?

I'd like to run mine on a Dyno, to see what the Horsepower/Torque is now. Unfortunetly I don't have a "Before" run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts