GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I am so disapointed in ring of fire (kury product).Purchased from dlp not that it is his fault at all I understand he sell stuff.Bolt holes were no where near correct,and after one week my fender has cracked,yes I have mechanical background so bolts were not overtightend.But what a piece of [email protected]#t product.Never,never,never again will a kury product touch my wing,Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Just wondering, if the bolt holes didn't line up, how did you mount them?:shrug:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
No problems with the one I put on a couple of years ago, and they have been off a few times for maint. Wonder if they were the right part number, and not for a 1500 ??????????????

·
Registered
906 Posts
maybe you have the wrong one as the bolt holes line up perfect as i have installed many of these and never a problem!!!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Didn't know it was possible to overtighten tupperware as the bolts are all shoulder bolts...

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
What the heck are we talking about here??

The last time I checked the Ring-Of-Fire (ROF) GLUED to aftermarket Rotor covers (Kuryakyn, Hondaline, etc...) and have absolutely nothing to do with mounting holes or cracking fenders....

Now if you are having a problem with the Kuryakyn Rotor covers at least that is possible, but highly unusual. Mine mounted without problem. I did replace them with the more expensive steel Hondaline covers as the plastic Kurys were slowly being eaten away by the wind and dirt hitting them after a couple of years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've always have good service out of Kury products, their customer service is excellent in my book.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Rof

I have had mine installed since March of 06 and now they have 44,000+ miles on them. I'm surprised to report no problem with chrome or fit. However, during a recent tire change and front end update I noticed my front fender (rear portion) is cracked. I'm not sure how or why it happended but I'm looking for a replacement. I have received more complements on the ROF than any other farkle on my bike.

Good luck with yours.

Joe

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've got 35k on my Kuryakyn ROF and no problems with that product. The trunk rack, however, suffered from the peeling chrome problem and they replaced it for me.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just installed one on my Wing last weekend..and it went on seemlessly...
it was my second install...did one for a friend several months ago... so I was confident in my work.

It's not that the holes didnt line up...you have 3 different components
being held by the same bolts...with 2 sides to account for..so minor
adjustment are needed.

I just took a small allen..stuck thru the holes...and jigged around till I
had lined up ,one hole at a time...and not tighten up until I had a bolt started in each hole... went on perfect... now you do have to handle the covers gingerly as they can scratch easily.

I'm going to order the rear....ROF next...have to go with the red , be nice
if it was amber to match the front.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got 35k on my Kuryakyn ROF and no problems with that product. The trunk rack, however, suffered from the peeling chrome problem and they replaced it for me.

Same exact situation for me. Chrome on luggage rack lasted less than 5 months. They replaced it no problem. No problems at all with the ROF.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Its chrome and against my principles to put chrome on my bike

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Wow I am so disapointed in ring of fire ...............and after one week my fender has cracked..........what a piece of [email protected]#t product.
What does the ring of fire have to do with your fender cracking???????:shrug: :roll: :shrug:

.......other than an installation error........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts