GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many miles have you ridden on a car tire?

I've got just over 30,000 miles with a car tire on the back of my bike. Would like too hear how many miles others have accumulated with a car tire on the rear of their bike.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
27,000 on Michelin Alpin and about 3,000 on Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
18,500 dunnie 3000 21,000 dunnie 5000 23,500 alpin 3 about 7,000 on my wanli wont go back to mc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost 28,000 on a Kumho Ecsta, but judging by the little steel wires hanging out of it, I may have pushed it a bit too far!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Prob around 32000 total. Close to 20k on first tire. About 12k+ on the 2 tires now (2 bikes). I'll NEVER have a standard mc tire on rear of either wing ever again.

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
90K~ between the VTX and the Wing. 2 Goodyear TTTs, then 2 Alpins.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,878 Posts
I have a little over 110,000 miles. I went through several 205 NRF before giving the Michelin Alpin a try. It has been a good tire for me, especially the peace of mind of the RF.

The Yokohoma RF is mounted right now. I want to give it a go in Ozarks, if and when this winter weather goes away. We have so much sand on the good mountain roads, it will be sometime after the spring rains before I will be able to give it a good test.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Over 35,000 miles on CTs just put on the a BT 45 double Darksider even better now. Man my wing has never felt so good was using the Dunlops. Went threw two of them never got over 7,000 miles on them very noisesy bad wobbles and front vibrations. Put the BT 45 on what difference so quiet like a new bike, got about 150 miles on the tire now very happy with the set up I have now.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
0 Miles unless you count rolling it on the floor to the bike to be installed. my first ct.
waiting for the snow to go away. michelin alpin pa3

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Been running C/Ts for a while now don't keep up with miles. But with the number of tires I have worn out well over 200K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
90K~ between the VTX and the Wing. 2 Goodyear TTTs, then 2 Alpins.
I've wondered about the GY TTs Did they last a lot longer? Did they handle OK?

I've got Michelin RF mounted on a spare rim and will have to put it on soon. Been thinking about what I will put on my spare rim after I put the Michelin on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a little over 110,000 miles. I went through several 205 NRF before giving the Michelin Alpin a try. It has been a good tire for me, especially the peace of mind of the RF.

The Yokohoma RF is mounted right now. I want to give it a go in Ozarks, if and when this winter weather goes away. We have so much sand on the good mountain roads, it will be sometime after the spring rains before I will be able to give it a good test.
I hear you. The wife and I took the first run over Magazine mountain a couple of weeks ago. Have to take it very easy due t the sand.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
160,000 plus miles . But I am not the one for milage comparisons . The Goodyear triple tread is a good tire for wear and handling is comparable with most .

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
I've wondered about the GY TTs Did they last a lot longer? Did they handle OK?

I've got Michelin RF mounted on a spare rim and will have to put it on soon. Been thinking about what I will put on my spare rim after I put the Michelin on.
Like Sir Rail, I think it is more about SMILES than miles. Both, the VTX with the GY TT, then the Wing with the Alpin have given me about three times the distance of a stock MT. In my book, anything over 8K is bonus territory, but not a top priority. YMMV.

I never rode the VTX on an Alpin or the Wing on a GY TT so no real way to give a straight up comparison. For me, the GY TT on the VTX was real good when compared to stock Dunlop - on THAT bike. But my VTX on any tire won't hold a candle to the Wing on the Alpin.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
47K total, all on 195/55-16 RFs.

15.5K, Alpin @ 28psi (wore fairly even to wear bars)
15.5K, Alpin @ 32psi (middle to wear bars, edges worn off)
4.7K, Pirelli Cinturato P1 @ 32psi (middle almost to wear bars, edges worn off)
5.9K, Yokohama AVID ENVigor @ 32psi (middle to wear bars, edges worn off)
5.4K on current Pirelli Cinturato P1 @ 36psi (middle almost to wear bars, edges fairly worn)

Can anyone detect a trend here? Maybe when I started riding more with Murgie, Travelinlite, ohiowinger and SC Flip?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I bet you can guess which tire I test rode? Yeah, blame it on the little people, lol. I believe the throttle is controlled by your wrist? :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: I know you tried the Alpin and understand your complaints. :eek:4:
Little people? LITTLE PEOPLE?? Is that a 'fat' joke? :joke:
Yes, the throttle is controlled by my wrist. I have to use it to keep you folks in sight!! :nojoke:

The mysterious disappearance of the edges has a lot to do with being leaned over on these SC/NC/GA mountain roads. They are quite abrasive. :cry:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts