GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I moved to Texas my indian rubbed on one of my Wings saddle bags. I was using the touch-up paint from Honda but do not like the way it looks. Is there some prep that needs to be done first? The surface is kind of rough so I was wondering if I should tape it off and use some 1500 (?) paper and wet sand it smooth. Also, the touch up paint is kind of globby and not smooth. Maybe sprayon from Color rite would be better. Any advice will be helpful.

Thank

·
Vendor
19,717 Posts
I'm always disappointed when I paint something. Somehow the skill/knowlege needed is something I don't have. The only thing I know about what you asked is that the touch up paint thickness can be corrected by adding something to it (water or lacquer). You could ask a paint shop and they would know what to add. It also sounds like you might be trying to do a repair where a professional needs to get involved if your thinking about taping something off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i am touching up a couple of nicks on mine right now and have noted the same things you have described. i do not have any suggestions. i will either have to live with it or get it painted - good luck with yours

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.